BAR10/VSR different stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR10/VSR different stock?

Hey guys, I've recently picked up a JG BAR 10, and i was wondering if there are any more unique stocks out there you can buy? I've seen two so far, one on zero one, which is a PSG type stock, the other is a M40A3 stock, which i quite like the look of, on an certain hong kong based retailer, which utilises a large dog in its logo.

Both are pretty pricey... does anyone else know of any other stocks that can be bought? i know you can't link them in posts so PM me? or if thats not allowed just give me a vague clue of which site...

Also if there are any normal TM VSR stocks you can buy that would be fine as well, i can't stand the texture of the JG one...

Re: BAR10/VSR different stock?

there are a few real rifle stock that you can modiy to fit the airsoft rifles . . look at your local gun smith or few from america

Comment

ah ok thanks, what sort of modification would this require?

Comment

Real rifle stocks are easiest to fit to Tanakas. It's hard to fit one to a VSR due to the trigger placement, and the mag well in most guns being right next to the trigger, not half way up the hand guard. You'd need to chop out lots of material, and mostly likely fill in a whole lot more as well. You'd be better off scratch building a stock for a VSR than modifying a real one.

Whatever you do, don't buy the fortress M40A3 stock. Worst thing ever.

If you don't like the texture of the JG stock, just sand it down and spray it?
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Ahh thanks for the help, I imagined there would be quite a lot of work to do convert a real stock, due the magazine etc.. I like the look of the fortress m40a3 stock, but i havnt heard anything good about it, plus its a little pricey for a stock... I think sanding down and painting my current one is probably a good idea, thanks guys

Comment

You can fit a bar10 or VSR into a Kar98k stock if you fancy going down the WW2 route. Its a lot of work but lots of people have made them, including me. They usually get the dress up parts from the Dboys springer. You can use the Dboys stock or a real K98 one.

Comment

what do you have to do to make it fit? would you need to sand down various parts? Is the Dboys stock plastic or wood? presumably plastic but just checking..

Comment

Originally posted by da1994 View Post
                what do you have to do to make it fit? would you need to sand down various parts? Is the Dboys stock plastic or wood? presumably plastic but just checking..
                You use the Dboys wooden stock version, although I believe it can be done with the plastic. You can do it all with a drill and a dremel.

Theres a whole thread on how to do it on the Comrades in Arms forum, runs to a few pages though.

Comment

ahh ok, i'll have a look I hadn't considered a ww2 look... tbh i think i would prefer a modern look, but its definatly an interresting idea... cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

da1994 Find out more about da1994
                  Working...
                  X