Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR inner barrel choice?

hey there folks my prob is this:

for years i used to run a marui vsr10 with all the laylax upgrades and the MARUI PRECISION BARRELL and chamber
    i then sold the gun (like a mug) and am now building a new one (yay)

now i have finally come to make the coice of a new inner barrel, do i go for the marui upgrade chamber and barell set as i did last time?
    or should u buy on of the other barrels on the market? eg the PDI 6.01 430/530mm barell?
    smaller internal diameter may not nessercarily be better.

i ALWAYS use SGM .29g rounds in my old one, and some of the shots i had were amazeing but i simply dont want to go for 1 of these 'better' barells and then find it sucks.
    does anyone have any views on this? or any inner barrels they would recomend?

many thanks
    -steve

ps excuse my dodgey spelling :P

Re: VSR inner barrel choice???? advise please

Well, the TM precision chamber and barrel set, is from my understanding exactly the same as what you get in your new VSRs nowadays anyway. Was a time before the g-spec where the chambers were slightly different. With the release of the g-spec, the changed the chambers, in both guns, and then sold the improved one as a separate part to anyone who wanted to upgrade their old pro-10. So don't buy that.

If you don't want to risk buying a 6.01 (and I'd reccomend against it anyway) go for a PDI 6.05 or a Prommy 6.03. Both are great barrels and proven entities. You'll find no one who's owned either of these, to have bad words to say about them.

Personally, I prefer the 6.05. Make sure you get yourself a good hop up rubber. That's the most important thing.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Re: VSR inner barrel choice???? advise please

a 6.05? really?
      shurely it would be better to have a tighter bore tho wouldent it?
      also do the promethius 1's require some sort of new chamber that sllows them to run a AEG barrell?

Comment

Re: VSR inner barrel choice?

You can buy prommy 6.03s to fit a VSR hop chamber. I wouldn't go near that laylax AEG barrel chamber for VSR series. I have one and it's horrible. The rubber is unique to that chamber, and you can't get replacements. It's not a good rubber either. Stick with the original chamber, and the wide use Firefly hard bucking is about the best thing you can add. The KM is up there as well, but I've found better results from the Firefly in VSRs.

You can conjecture all you like as to if the 6.05 or the 6.03 is better. Personally I think the 05 is, and that's what my experiences have told me. But hey, it might be different for you. The 6.03 will give you a little more FPS, so that might help you, but the 05 seems to be a tiny bit more accurate with the ammo I use. If you've got the money to play around with, try both.
        sigpic

Comment

Having noticed that you mentioned the PDI 6.04 in the other thread. You may well want to give that a go if you can afford it. Tolerances should be as good as their other barrels. Made by the same process, and with the same material. Just need some specific barrel spacers for it unfortunately. But the increased width of the wall couldn't hurt. If nothing else, it would be a bragging point. After all, it never seems to matter how well someone's gun shoots, so much as what parts they have in it, that they can claim makes it amazing. :P
          sigpic

Comment

hmm well accuracy would definatly be more important to me than power. Out of interest, what ammo do u use?
            And thats usefull, i didnt know that pdi barrels were slightly different size, so thanks for the heads up on that score.

i just seen that laylax also make a 6.o3 barell
            where did u get your 6.05 from?
            thanks again
            -steve

Comment

first off is your bucking then you wan't very high quality ammo such as madbulls which have a tolerance of 0.01mm from 5.95mm next is barrel spacers then your barrel diameter.
              Originally posted by DCRISP07
              An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

I use Madbull .4s. I'm well aware these aren't the best ammo out there, but I like heavier ammo because I often have to cope with wind, and I find it gives me a longer strait flight path than lighter ammo. SGMs would be the better ammo as it were. They are of the best roundness available for a reasonable price. The weight as well, means they can be made of one material, and so the moulding is much easier to be precise with, they have very few to no air bubbles inside them, and consistent weight distribution makes for a very good BB. But they're just too light for me. That and they cost £12 for 500.

The PDI 6.04 is quite obviously different from their other barrels and all other barrels to be fair. Just after it leaves the hop chamber, it staggers to 10mm in outer diameter, rather than the 8mm of a normal barrels outer diameter. It goes back to the standard OD just as it comes to the end cap. So it will still fit a stock VSR, but the extra thick wall should dampen any vibrations in the barrel that effect accuracy.

When I was talking about the Prommy 6.03. I meant Laylax. Sorry for the confusion. they're actually the same company, Nineball included. Just different divisions for different types of gun.

I got my PDI 6.05 from Hong Kong. That's as specific as I can be due to forum rules.
                sigpic

Comment

ah ok i see. well a cirtain company based in peterborough sell the laylax 6.03 for a reasonable price, i ma well go for this one then with a half decent hop rubber.
                  do u think that would be better that the marui upgrade one then? I mean u get good results from yours dont u

Comment

I use a PDI 6.05 but I did get good results from the 6.03. And like I said, the Marui enhanced barrel and chamber are what they're issuing guns with since 2003(?) anyway. 6.03 is a good choice.
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

swarm_airsoft Find out more about swarm_airsoft
                    Working...
                    X