DE M50 / SWISS+ARMS M6 / UTG M324 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE M50 / SWISS+ARMS M6 / UTG M324 upgrade

Hi I thought this may be of use to those people who have a DE M50 gen 1,2 or 3.
    I own a gen 3 so can't really comment regarding the gen 4 or 5.
    As far as I know the DE M50, Swiss+arms M6 and the UTG M324 are identical, I am happy to be corrected if wrong on this .

I did put a lot of this in before in answer to someone elses query but thought it may be of use to some as a new thread. So please excuse if I have committed some henious crime as I am a bit new at this. I don't think this would be considered a double post but if it is if an admin could let me know then I will be wiser and it can be removed.

I have owned a Gen 3 for a couple of years it must be now?

I didn't own a chrono earlier so don't know what is was putting out FPS wise as standard.

I then adapted a Systema G3 6.04 tightbore and put this and a Systema hopup rubber into it, also I did the teflon mod at the same time and was getting on average 370 FPS according to my chrono having now purchased one.

I had found that UTG made an upgrade kit for the UTG M324 (which is reputedly the same gun as the DE M50 and the Swiss arms M6 I believe) and could find this on plenty of US sites but none of them would export to the UK : (
    and couldn't find anyone in the UK who sells them : (

It is an upgrade kit designed to bring a Gen 1 or 2 version upto a Gen 3 version .
    Now you may ask if I have a Gen 3 why would I want it.

Read on McDuff : )

This is what is included it the UTG kit.
    Detail Information:
    • UTG M324 Sniper Rifle Upgrade Kit
    • Upgrade Bolt
    • Pre-assembly of Upgrade Hop-Up and Premium Quality Brass Inner Barrel with Barrel Spacer
    • Upgrade Cocking Handle
    • Upgrade Locking Pole (L shaped Part in Trigger Assembly)
    • 2 PCs Plastic Rings

This upgrade kit is on the US site Leapers . com site under airsoftsport/airsoft accessories,parts and kits

UTG Master Sniper Upgrade kit TL-M324KT02

I looked under their distributors and found they have a UK dealer (hint, SOLO........) phoned them up (nice people) and found that every so often they order from Leapers. I confirmed that they could indeed get it and ordered it along with something else I wanted. It took 2-2.5 weeks to arrive and I am well pleased.

Yesteday I fitted just the new/upgraded ready assembled " premium quality brass inner barrel and hopup " along with the extra barrel spacer and with the original barrel spacer. I as yet haven't bothered fitting the other parts (upgraded bolt, handle, locking pole etc ) and will keep them as spares.

I realised once having put it together that I had completely forgotten to do the teflon mod this time, so this is how it has come out of the packaging so to speak.
    I took it outside and and shot about 20 shots at a target 20-25 ft away (small back garden ) lol they were going all over the place : (
    Oh great thought I : (

Then remembered "clean the BARREL" Foxxy !
    once having cleaned that and carefully cleaned the hopup rubber tried again.
    This time shot about 20-30 BBs and was consistently hitting the target,
    admittedly this is only at 20-25 ft as I haven't had chance to try at a longer range yet. Hopup off .

Then tried it on my chrono .
    Bare in mind this is just with the barrel and hopup from the kit, no teflon mod and all the other bits in the gun are the original Gen 3 parts from 2 yrs ago.
    I was getting anywhere between 410 and 416 FPS with 2 readings of 423 and 426 FPS this was over 15-20 shots : )

Pleased ? OH YESSSSSSSSSS !

My site limit is 400 fps so thats good enough for me .

Will hopefully use it at a skirmish in a couple of weeks so will see how it is in a game then.

I hope this is of some use to those on a tight budget like myself.

Foxxy :D

About the Author

Collapse

Foxxy Deluded that I actually know what I am doing at airsoft, oh well at least I get some fresh air. Find out more about Foxxy
Working...
X