Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM L96 Spring Change

Hi guys.

I tried to see if this was specifically addressed in the threads here but never found anything (except stuff on the clones).

I have a stock TM L96 which is firing at about 290-300fps. I am a noob when it comes to snipers and upgrading them but my plan currently is to just buy a slightly more powerful spring or two so I can switch over fps quick and easy depending on where I'm playing. What I need help and advice on is what is the highest fps people here will recommend I take it up to where all I am upgrading/changing is the spring and nothing else - so that the rest of the rifle is completely stock?

For example, if I pop in a slightly more powerful spring to increase the fps up to about 350 or 400 can I do this SAFELY without causing any damage to the rifle if all I have done is change the spring into a more powerful one? If not then what exactly would I need to replace to withstand the jump in fps (I'm not looking for anything fancy and such - just the very raw essentials that will prevent me damaging the rifle or the internals).

Any advice is appreciated. Cheers guys.
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: TM L96 Spring Change

Im expecting you'll get a reply along the lines of

"fps means nothing compared to accuracy"
    You want the gun to be consistant, and accurate
    Trigger sears wont last long with an upgraded spring

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Hmm, so when upgrading spring I would also need to upgrade the trigger sear as well. At the moment I'm not too fussed about accuracy - I can solve that issue with a TB barrel and such, I'm only looking to increase the fps to make it slightly higher so it's in par with whichever site I use it at.
      Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
      Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

I heard somewhere that you need to drill the pin out of the stock bolt to open it appently leaving it useless, but i dont know if its true since laylax parts use the stock bolt.

But its not as simple as changing the spring, you would need to upgrade the piston and proberly the spring guide as well, i've not deal with the laylax upgrades but the PDI upgrades, the PDI Cylinder for the marui L96 allows you to quickly unscrew the nozzle and change the spring, but i cant see a need to change the spring to a weaker one, as the limit for a bolt action sniper rifle is 500 fps.

Josh.
        Last edited by Joshy-R; 16 October, 2010, 23:31. Reason: More Info

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
        Working...
        X