L96 Takedown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 Takedown

Hey, i can't find any videos or anything on youtube about how to takedown the internals to get to the inner barrel to sort out the barrel spacers on the L96, and help guys?

Thanks

Re: L96 Takedown

It's really easy mate

Undo the two ressesed Allen screws on the body to remove it

There is one just behind the mag well and also one behind the trigger guard
    they are 7mm in size

Once it is in two halves there is the bolt stop pin inserted in the trigger mech pull this out it had a curved part to pull from

There should be two screws on the bolt carrier to undo
    one on the top rail right on front and one underneath it will be either a small 2mm Allen key or a cross head screw driver

Once removed u screw the outer barrel until apart

Undo the small screw on the mah catch and pull the inner barrel out

Comment

Knowing me i will mess it all up, sounds pretty complicated to me as the most iv'e done is have it in 2 parts to spray it.

Comment

Its not that bad and you don't need many tools at all.

Remove the stock as above. Look on thye trigger box and there is a pin you can pull out. It has a sort of skateboard ramp shape on it. Once you have done this place the pin somewhere safe. You don't need to remove the trigger box but if you did want to remove it use the two screws either side.

Now cycle the bolt and pull it all the way out (its no longer going to move the cylinder). PLace this to one side.

The barrel screws out on a normal thread. it is very fine so it will take a lot of turns to get it all the way out.

Once you get it out use a small screw driver to remove the magazine housing. The hop up unit is inside the barrel loose now. If you remove the cap at the end of the outer barrel you will be able to see the inner barrel and hop up unit.

Its just a matter of pushing out the whole thing spacers (if present) and all out from inside the inner barrel. While your there you should think about ptfe'ing your hop up unit like in the L96 post. Then put back all the gubbins as it was before with the barrel spacers in. fill any gaps will cloth this will help to silence the noise of the piston.

All of the above is all well and good but you should be able to fit the barrel spacers by simply removing the end cap off the outer barrel and sliding them down the inner barrel.

Any questions give me a shout.

Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

abelattack Find out more about abelattack
        Working...
        X