premature shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premature shooting?

hey guys, iv just got my jg gspec and its great but that is one problem. sometimes ill put the bolt back and as i am pushing it back it will fire. this is without m touchig the trigger and with the bolt about half way back to the shooting position. any ideas of how i can fix this?

cheers

Re: premature shooting?

Thats slam firing. You need new sears I think.

Comment

New sears, might just need a clean and re adjusting. Also do you pull the bolt back slowly or quite fast?

EDIT: Ninja with the MAC 10

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

fast makes it do it less. how much are new sears? hard easy to fit?

cheers

Comment

Quite expensive if i remember rightly, btw, epic thread title

Comment

Yep, thats the sears then. Theres a set of stock TM ones selling on here ATM. Was gonna do lots of enuendoes but this guy needs help!!!*Plays A-team music*

A brain?

Comment

ok cheers, so am i right in sying if i bought the tm sears that are currntly on sale in the parts thread for a tenner, this problem would be stopped? also are they hard to fit?

cheers

cheers lee

Comment

Not too hard. But they might need adjusting.

A brain?

Comment

Not hard to fit, cant guarantee it will stop the problem though depends on the spring in the gun. Stock TM/JG sears don't like anything above a 120-130sp (M120-130 on other non laylax brands) it is definitely a slam firing issue, get some sears, get them in and see if it works if not let us know and we can go further into it. For a guide on getting into the trigger unit and how to replace sears look on youtube.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Yeh that's sears mate, typically the second sear (piston sear).

If the gun is stock then I have some for sale.

However u might want to invest in some hard wearing sears such as pdi. Trigger seat is about £35 and the piston seat is about £25.

Comment

why does every skip the other question ,

A, is the rifle stock or upgraded
                      B, have you adjusted the trigger pull,
                      C, have you tried it without ammo or both ..

if the rifle is upgraded , what upgrades are installed on the rifle,
                      if adjusted the trigger pull reset to a long pull so allen keys screw back out the box,
                      What sort of noise is it making with no mag in . grating or clean dry fire

Comment

Its pretty critical. Just got a second hand bar 10 and it was slam firing because the trigger mechanism wasn't bolted securely onto the receiver. Lashed it on with a shoe lace and now works fine. Basically the bolt had stripped and wasn't screwing into the receiver properly.

So it could also be caused by these screw not being tight enough.

I should add though don't tighten them TOO much else you could strip the thread and then you have to do something ridiculous (like use a shoe lace) to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
                          epic thread title
                          Very funny lol, i had a quick re-look at the title haha
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbulb View Post
                            Its pretty critical. Just got a second hand bar 10 and it was slam firing because the trigger mechanism wasn't bolted securely onto the receiver. Lashed it on with a shoe lace and now works fine. Basically the bolt had stripped and wasn't screwing into the receiver properly.

So it could also be caused by these screw not being tight enough.

I should add though don't tighten them TOO much else you could strip the thread and then you have to do something ridiculous (like use a shoe lace) to fix it.
                            Back on topic, this was my problem, the sears were fine it was how tight the trigger block was to the receiver, both easily confused. check your sears for round edges, they may be fine, i just forced bigger screws into my receiver and trigger block which in turn pulled it all together alot tighter and stopped the slamming
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                            Working...
                            X