Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop Bucking L96

Especially for Dope_On_a_Rope

Planning on buying a PDI hop chamber, with a 509mm 6.03 MadBull TB for my WELL L96 and i want to know what the best hop bucking would be, the rifle is shooting at 454, but i would want something effective between 450-500.

Thanks

Re: Hop Bucking L96

Hi.

That chamber takes AEG barrel and hop rubbers, so I'd say a Firefly hard hop rubber for AEG would be the best move. That or a KM rubber, but the Firefly seems to have a wider fan base, and I've not done empirical side by side comparisons myself. You'd be getting a lot of parts with the KM that you could just throw away anyway. So Firefly gets my vote. But if you do go KM, the bigger the number, the harder it is. You'd want a RH65 or RH75 for this FPS range.

One more thing though, if you're buying the parts yourself, I'd advise getting a different barrel. The Madbull barrel will increase the FPS over the stock barrel, but the surface isn't terribly good, and the material is poor for this sort of application. Ideally you'd be looking at a PDI or Laylax/Prometheus barrel. 6.01 are a gamble, some people report good things, some bad. That, and the fact they're insanely expensive, I'd say you should probably go for a Laylax 6.03, or PDI 6.05. They're more affordable, and I'd argue more accurate than a 6.01. Certainly less risky.

Good hunting.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

The reason i was going for the madbull was for price, and from hearing good things about them?
      Can't really justify spending like £80 on a barrel when the mabull is getting great reviews and its like half the price,

Also, someone said a prometheus soft bucking?
      Would the firefly hard be the best bet then?

Comment

Yep, prommy 6.03mm gets my vote.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
        A brain?
        Originally posted by snuff
        Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
          Yep, prommy 6.03mm gets my vote.
          Think barrel is going to be the hardest decision, as i'm hearing good/bad about every barrel i've considered

Comment

Soft buckings are for low FPS set ups, Prommy buckings have terrible reviews. The prommy hard bucking is widely regarded as the worst bucking available in Airsoft. Firefly are generally regarded as the best, for the price difference, I'd suggest you'll notice a bigger difference in that money, than you will in spending the extra money on the barrel.

However, I don't think you should skimp on the barrel. If you're after a precision machine, I wont make do with second best. That call is up to you though. It'll cost you £59 for a 509mm 6.03 EG barrel by Prommy. Compared to the £35 for a Madbull, it does seem quite a lot. (can't find a UK price for a PDI 6.05, but they're about the same as the Prommy 03s)
            The Prommy and PDI barrels are both made of Steel, rather than aluminium like the Madbull. On a longer barrel, you're going to get more resonance and movement of the barrel. The Steel barrels wont move as much as the ali barrels, and barrel spacers will help too. But I'd still say steel is better, even if you're plugging the barrel full with spacers. The tolerances of the Prommy and PDI are just that much better internally than Madbull as well. It does make a difference in accuracy. Maybe not huge, but every little helps I think. Up to your wallet anyway. It's not like it's the best gun out there, so you could argue you'd be wasting money on putting such a good barrel into a cheapsoft gun.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
              Soft buckings are for low FPS set ups, Prommy buckings have terrible reviews. The prommy hard bucking is widely regarded as the worst bucking available in Airsoft. Firefly are generally regarded as the best, for the price difference, I'd suggest you'll notice a bigger difference in that money, than you will in spending the extra money on the barrel.

However, I don't think you should skimp on the barrel. If you're after a precision machine, I wont make do with second best. That call is up to you though. It'll cost you £59 for a 509mm 6.03 EG barrel by Prommy. Compared to the £35 for a Madbull, it does seem quite a lot. (can't find a UK price for a PDI 6.05, but they're about the same as the Prommy 03s)
              The Prommy and PDI barrels are both made of Steel, rather than aluminium like the Madbull. On a longer barrel, you're going to get more resonance and movement of the barrel. The Steel barrels wont move as much as the ali barrels, and barrel spacers will help too. But I'd still say steel is better, even if you're plugging the barrel full with spacers. The tolerances of the Prommy and PDI are just that much better internally than Madbull as well. It does make a difference in accuracy. Maybe not huge, but every little helps I think. Up to your wallet anyway. It's not like it's the best gun out there, so you could argue you'd be wasting money on putting such a good barrel into a cheapsoft gun.
              Thanks for the help mate, but on regards to the cheapsoft gun, i'm planning on upgrading pretty much everything over time, an ongoing project and i'm starting with the barrel and hop as thats where most accuracy is lost/gained. Then when christmas comes, its onto the bolt assembly and so on.

Comment

this thread has got me a little confused about the hop rubbers,

i have a star AW338 and people on other forrums seemed to be getting better results from a soft hop rubber rather than hard....

can you provide any evidence to say soft is only best for lower powered guns like AEG's?

ty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

abelattack Find out more about abelattack
                Working...
                X