Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior L96 wont cock

Hi guys,

received my L96 back today after a total time waster of a buyer sent it back (10 weeks later)

the trigger unit had broken so I switched it over with a new one, but now the rifle wont cock properly. Managed to get about 3 shots off fine, then tried to cock it again, and there is something solid blocking it from cocking. It pulls back normally and then thud, it hits something before its come back far enough to cock.

Any ideas anyone?

Re: Warrior L96 wont cock

Take apart the rifle mate

The trigger unit may have come loose
    also check that that the internals are fine

As the only thing that stops I is the trigger unit or sears
    maybe the piston or spring guide has broken off

But completly strip it and check

Comment

will give it another look over. all the parts were fairly sturdy and in good condition so im fairly sure nothings broken.

Is there a specific way to put the trigger mech in? does the bolt have to be out or anything like that? i pretty much just changed the trigger unit and that was that

Comment

It's best to remove the bolt
        but that's how I do it to Make sure the sears are sat right

Also check the spring guide stopper the lever you pull down to remove the bolt
        that maybe worse for wear

Comment

Found the problem.

One of the sears is stuck in the wrong position.

The top unit is the new one, and the bottom one is the old one. That little silver sear on the right hand side is stuck leaning forwards like that.

Need to open it up and move it back but what should it look like?

Comment

Check to see if the sear hasn't snapped

As it should be the same as the lower one , but I'd check the alignment first mate

Comment

Heres the internal

should the tip of the sear sit in front of the trigger lever, rather than on top of it?

Comment

Yeah it should mate be sat infront of it not behind or ontop

Comment

got it back together now.

Thank you sir you genius. This is like the 5th time youve helped me with this rifle alone!

I sussed how it had happened as well. one of the springs, that stops it from travelling the direction it did, had worked its way out of the unit, so it was free to just ping back. Thats all back in position now though!

Thanks again mate!

Comment

No worries mate

Glad all working

Guard

Comment

All back together, working flawlessly :D mods can close if they wish

Comment

scratch that, its not working properly. Same thing happened again. Why does this happen? did 5 test shots to check it was still working happily to send on to buyer, and ont eh 5th shot it did it again. Taken it apart, put it back together, but it still keeps locking short of a full pull of the bolt.

Comment

it looks like , the inside wall has worn away on the trigger unit, so the retaining spring is just slipping out

Comment

is the old trigger case in good nic if so swap all the new trigger kit into the old case see if that sorts it
                            you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

im not sure which retaining spring you mean guard? ive got the spring thats wrapped around the sear and keeps that sprung sorted. But the trigger lever keeps letting the sear come over the top of it. And im not sure why.

theres no difference between the two trigger units as far as I can tell in terms of the quality of them. They both just look a little dusty cos they hadnt been opened up before now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X