VSR10? Whats up with it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR10? Whats up with it...

Hi guys, recently got a 2nd hand tm vsr 10. Now i've put about 150rounds through it so far, but now i don't know why but when you cock it it makes a loud bang, and slips out, then won't push fully back in... What i think is wrong is the cylinder head keeps on coming off...? I have had the gun open and literaly when i pulled the bolt assembly out, the cylinder head, piston, spring and guide all fell out, without me unscrewing the head.... Any ideas as to why? I fixed it and put it all back together, then after an other mag, BANG. It f**k's up again

Please help me, i really need to get it working! I was thinking about getting the PDI palsonite VC eventually so may i have to get this sooner? If you want pictures/ a video tell me and i will upload them...

Oh and the cylinder head is chewed up very badly, is this from where the previous owner has unscrewed it with a wrench?

Cheers,
    Josh

Re: VSR10? Whats up with it...

Needs a new cylinder head then but it sounds like the cylinder heads been screwed in wrong so the threads are messed up. Sears could also be gone and hop could be damaged if it's had a high pressured cylinder head flying into it. Cylinder may need replacing too if threads are messed up :/ get Ur money back for it all

Comment

I didn't think it looked good when i opened her up! It's got a laylax high pressure piston (red) with the stock cylinder head, which i don't think is a good mix? Sears are all OK i think. It also has a 150 spring in it i think, (would that give around 500fps with .2's?) and i think it has a new spring guide, possibly laylax... How can i tell which hop up version i have, theres either the new one or the old, i think the new comes with a gold inner barrel, whereas mine is a silver inner barrel, may be worth getting the new type from ************? Thanks for the help...

Comment

don't know how to tell the difference from a new hop to an old hop design but shouldn't make a mass difference at all performance wise.

if your spring guide is metal then its a laylax one most likely,

what colour are your sears?

any chance of some pictures of the cylinder head, piston and sears?

and its fine to use a stock piston head with all those parts, i did and my gun worked for agers before i sold it xD haha

btw, is there anything filling the stock so its no longer hollow?

cheers

Comment

I meant i would get the new version if the one i have now has been damaged, the new one just has better tolerances i think (what does this mean? xD )

Yes i can confirm it is a laylax spring guide...

Sears are black, then theres the silver thing sticking up at a right angle.. (don't think thats a sear lol...)

The stock isn't currently filled, however tonight i was going to pop down to B&Q and get some of the expanding foam... (good idea? Yes? No?)

And shall i email the pics, or can i upload onto here?

Thanks

Comment

Ok here are a few main pictures, i have PM'ed you the whole album...

Cylinder head... (stock TM)

Trigger (upgraded sears, i think?)

Cylinder setup

thanks alot

Comment

pm'd u back, to me the sears look ok but i would definately replace the cylinder head.

check for any damage to the threads on the cyclinder isnides and the head and make sure its 100% screwed together properly :/

Comment

The threads look fine to me :S do you want a picture of them also? Thanks

Comment

lol if they look fine i would say something not being put together properly... try taking the white rod off the piston too, i foud my vsr performing better when i put the piston spike thing down so it was level to the piston head.

Comment

the sears need replacing as both worn down

the cylinder needs replacing as the cylinder head has been cross threaded,

so you may as well, but a new sear set, cylinder and cylinder head,
                    as the loud bang will be the red piston hitting the cyinder head out the bolt,

plus the cylinder head has split/ fractured

Comment

Yeh, after looking on the internet and various other forums i have found someone with the same problem, the cylinder heads threads have worn down far too much, i also think the cylinders threads have too.... So what i am going to do is order the pdi vtrig and the pdi palsonite precision VC cylinder set (is this the right one? And can anyone tell me which spring guide it uses, 7mm or 9mm?) Thanks alot

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                      Working...
                      X