Upgrading an A&K Dragunov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading an A&K Dragunov

Hey guys. Seen a few threads on bit and bobs for the A&K Dragunov, and wondered if I could make a thread putting them all together in one! :D

So, this is what I have:
    The gun,

Current Additions:

Ver.2 Mabull Black Python TB 6.03mm -Would a 6.01 or similar be better?
    Tokyo Marui Hop Rubber- Can we get better?
    M140 Spring-Too much/too little?
    Wood Kit
    POSP 4x26 scope

So, I've got my 450fps, which is what I'd like, but it's not key. And the nice authentic look, so: What else?

If any of you have done much more to your SVD and have gotten great results (nice range and good groupings) would you please post what you've done to the gun? :D
    I have 0.25g/0.3g BBs that I want to run the rifle on.
    At the mo, the gun looks better than it performs, I can't seem to get accurate range, my M4 upgraded hits about the same range, only slightly shorter (around 50-55m)

All I want/need is a gun that fires consistantly at a good range. Ideally around 70m+ like my (late) stock L96.

Thanks,
    GP.
    sigpic

Re: Upgrading an A&K Dragunov

looks fine but
    get fire fly hop rubber if you can find it
    and a m130 spring as mine was running 510 on a m150

Comment

Sells for £4 in Japan... typical- probably cost me about £50 to buy second hand here. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Personally would say get a diff hop rubber, keep the barrel put a more powerful spring in :/

Consider the prommy hop rubbers

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
          Personally would say get a diff hop rubber, keep the barrel put a more powerful spring in :/

Consider the prommy hop rubbers
          I'm sorry, my poor hands! (the bolt on this gun is notorious, needless to say)

I have been looking at promethius... So, I want to improve my airseal, right? going for a hard rubber?

Oh anyone watching this, with a spare hard hop rubber, stronger spring, etc (any suitable upgrade ideas) please contact me- I'm willing to experiment! :D

Thanks!

EDIT: Looking at an "Element 55 hard hop rubber" on the Bay. Would this work out? Any used these?

Sorry, I have very little knowledge on this, but I'm keen to learn :D
          Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 1 January, 2011, 21:16.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I've fired a 460fps one recently but wasn't that bad really :/ maybe get some more strength in your arms n hands before upgrading Ur gun more a tighter barrel may result in lower FPS too so try ptfe taping areas first and consider getting the co2 kit..

Although I'm not sure the FPS results with the co2 kit is that stunning :/

Comment

Bolt pull a problem ? try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvG-EHjRxW4 and yes the gas mech is adjustable

Comment

Only restraints- Should have mentioned:

I'm not really looking to convert it to any type of gas system, and I haven't got a bolt pull problem, ta Ovany anyways
                sigpic

Comment

Oh theres a wepsite which sell
                  better o rings for the piston
                  and a solid steel piston catch as if you have a 1st gen dragunov (the one with the high cap) there piston catches are very week with highish fps.

Comment

Sweet, I'll look into it.

Yes i have the 1st gen with the hi-cap.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just fitted the CO2 kit, light trigger pull and fps is not a high as I expected (which is a good thing!) fps is a consistant 422 on .25g which calculates as about 477fps on .20g so its sight legal.
                      Care has to be taken loading the gas as it can discharge if not seated properly.
                      Accuracy and range are actually no better than on the spring but trigger pull and less bruising to the shoulder compensates for that!

Best value upgrade though is just try different O rings swapped mine on the original piston and got 40 yes 40! fps impovement!
                      Buying Tokyo Marui VSR-10 parts! Includes clone parts and custom parts! Just PM me!:D

Comment

My O-ring seems fine atm, I'm getting high fps already.

Just ordered a Guarder 70hardness hop rubber for it- not bad for £3.50 a pop from HK.

ATM, my gun seems perfect- thanks SAS Scott especially for suggestions on aftermarket parts, all I need to do is hope my new hop gives me some more range, as I'm having to compensate range for accuracy atm! :D

Oh, would be nice if anyone knew how to take apart a Dragunov hop unit as to install the new hop rubber? Because there's alum key holes but I fear I won't ever get it back together again
                        xD

(youtube doesn't have ANY results)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
                          My O-ring seems fine atm, I'm getting high fps already.

Just ordered a Guarder 70hardness hop rubber for it- not bad for £3.50 a pop from HK.

ATM, my gun seems perfect- thanks SAS Scott especially for suggestions on aftermarket parts, all I need to do is hope my new hop gives me some more range, as I'm having to compensate range for accuracy atm! :D

Oh, would be nice if anyone knew how to take apart a Dragunov hop unit as to install the new hop rubber? Because there's alum key holes but I fear I won't ever get it back together again
                          xD

(youtube doesn't have ANY results)
                          dude i think i got a step by step guide in pictures how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                            dude i think i got a step by step guide in pictures how to do it
                            on the tube or here?

I cannae find it Jimm!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
                              on the tube or here?

I cannae find it Jimm!
                              erm on my mums laptop if i can find it i will email it to you

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                              Working...
                              X