Warrior V2 range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior V2 range?

Hi i properly test fired my second hand Warrior L96 version 2 today. It fires at 452fps with .2 bb.

I compared the L96 range to a AGM Sten gun version 2 fitted with a Km tightbore barrel. The Sten is firing at 350fps with 0.2g.

Now i compared the range of these two guns. I used Zero Ones 0.36g bbs in the L96. And Zero One 0.25g bb in my Sten gun.

The range between the two was more or less a match. Is this normal performance? Can any of you snipers tell me?

I find this a little disappointing really. I'm debating wether its even worth upgrading the gun? I mean how much more range can you get from a tightbore barrel and better hop and a little more power?
    "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Re: Warrior V2 range?

Well that depends, what kind of range are we talking about here? Is your AGM sten hitting targets 2 miles away? In which case its a good thing your L96 matches it! Heh.

To get a really stunning sniper rifle, be prepared to put a lot of time and money into upgrading and fine tuning it. However the results are definately worth it!

Comment

Yes gun compared to gun both could hit a man sized target within there effective range. Thing is im not even sure i want to chance all my money on upgrading now...

How much more range am i going to get?

And i played around with the hop up loads on the L96..

Now i come to remember my Tanaka G33/40 had better range..

Comment

Every stock warrior l96 is shit out of the box

Has loads of power but rubbish hop unit and barrel

You won't get much hop effect on a .36 bb from the standard unit

And use sniper grade round only like madbull .36 or digicon straights

used zero one ammo and was shite, use properly made sniper grade ammo only in the l96

plus the max stock range is 55-60m but effective is only50m max

Comment

as guard said, crap out of the box and expect 40 metres accurately

upgrades are worth it if your serious about it, you can fit a madbul tightbore barrel with slight modifications if you want to scrimp on monday and then do the cylinder upgrades etc to get up to double the range but its all about the money your willing to splash into it.

Comment

Cheers for that, tight bore barrel and new hop up it is. Yeah been doing aload of reading yesterday. It appears Maruzen Super Grandmaster .29. Get some of the best reviews. Doesn't leave any residue on the hop-up.

Well aslong as i know im going to get a long range. When i spend the cash then i will spend it. That it will out range other weaponry. Then i will.

Comment

I would say just do it one bit at a time, the tightbore barrel makes the biggest difference, personally i have found that if you want a good sniper rifle either get a Maruzen or TM L96 but most definately just go for the TM VSR and buy it already upgraded 2nd hand.

I also understand if you want to do all the work yourself as i did when i first started but i enjoy that kinda thing :P

Comment

Yeah im going to do it one bit at a time. All i can afford. I just need to find a place in the UK that sells PDI L96 barrels. I'm gonna strip it and clean it. But the standard hop performance is very rubbish. I found yesterday. You could put it fully on or fully off and it hardly made any difference!

I like maintaining and upgrading all my own weapons. So yeah i enjoy it.

Comment

I get the idea of nice long range shots, but in fairness is someone going to feel a hit at 80M?
                  I engage most of my targets 30/60M, if they are further i get closer.
                  Its not about outranging its about the silent shot where no one knows where it came from for me

Originally posted by Metalbody
                  pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Personally I found the stock hop to actually be quite good. Using the right BB helps a lot. 0.20, dont even bother. 0.25 quite good. 0.28 rather good indeed. 0.36 not quite sure. 0.43 too heavy. Personally I found a 0.28/0.36 to be possibly the best choices for a stock warrior. My warrior L96 is totally stock except for some home made barrel spacers and its surprisingly accurate, I wasnt expecting much from it but I was pleasently surprised, it can accurately hit a torso sized target out to 40-50 meters each time, and about 8/10 times out to 60 meters. Will slowly be upgrading it part by part though, main thing I want is the reinforced sears, because I cant justify spending so much money on a £100 gun for a zero trigger unit.

Comment

Same stock hop is best personally but then again not tried an aero chamber yet...

One mod you can do i cut up a piece of biro and place under the hop arm just to make it more sensitive to adjustments etc

Alsoi prefer both silence and range haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dave1 Find out more about Dave1
                      Working...
                      X