Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Cylinders advice needed.

Hey guys,

I've been out of the game for a while and I'm looking to get back into sniping with my old HFC USR.

Waaaaaaay back when I bought it most of my gaming was done during the summer months so I opted for the gas version however I soon found it wasn't ideal for winter so my plan is to upgrade the rifle over the course of the summer and turn it into a consistent spring rifle.

The first thing I need is a spring cylinder set. I'm not looking for crazy FPS, just somewhere in the high 300's for now.

I've seen a couple of cylinder sets in the classifieds on here, specifically a stock VSR set at £25 and a PDI Precision set at £75. Would it be worth going straight for the PDI so that I wouldnt have to worry about it if I went for more power later on?

Re: VSR Cylinders advice needed.

If your gun is 100% compatable with VSR then you might as well go straight for hte PDI cylinder kit and go for it quickly as thats quite a low price providing there is no wear and damage.

Personally though, if you still have it keep the gas rifle as weathers picking up and is prety spot on for gas from now on.

If you got a stock cylinder your going to need a £40 or so piston (new) £20 or so spring guide (new) £20 or so spring (new) < all laylax, PDI is better providing you can source hte sears (you can but its a pain to do so at times if not in stock in UK).

Comment

Thats just for a cylinder, not really worth it for just a cylinder imho, you'd still have to buy the internals anyway. Depends what your long term plan is and how much cash you want to throw at it.

Comment

does the cylinder set not include internals? :/

if not then god theyr even more expensive than i thought.

personally i would allways go laylax for a VSR but woudl still recomend going gas from now on and sell just before end of autom kicks in.

Comment

I'll definitely be keeping the gas bolt for summer use and just using this spring one for autumn/winter when the temperature is more.....inconsistent

As far as internals, its just the spring, guide rod and piston that I would require, right?

I've seen PDI precision sets at HK retailers for about $220 so I would just need a spring with that?

This is a long term project so I dont mind spending a bit on it as long as I do it in the right order.

I'm thinking I'll probably get a nice cylinder setup with a TB barrel and hop rubber to get into the 380-400fps ballpark then if I want more power later on change the sears or get a zero trigger.

Comment

I think we're talking about 1 for sale on here thats just a cylinder. The sets do come with everything but you've still got to upgrade sears or buy the V trigger.

Comment

zero triggers are not worth the money, i have one as it came with my last rifle but if i had the money to buy one i still wouldn't, the money you save from getting sears you could maybe get a nice seccond hand pistol.

pdi cylinders and internals to me are ok but not worth the price difference over laylax, pdi to me are only good if you are after smoother pull back of the bolt but even then its not massivly different to make you feel like money has been well spent.

Comment

TBird, I thought the upgraded sears were only required when going much past the 400fps mark, or is it an issue with the reinforced pistons not fitting the standard sears?

And Badas, I've only looked briefly at the moment but it seems that putting together the PSS10 parts (teflon cylinder, high pressure piston, piston head and spring guide) comes to a similar price to the PDI kit. If the quality of both is comparable it will probably come down to what is in stock when I have the cash to order it.

Comment

Well the main difference between upgrading the sears and getting a V trigger is that the V trigger (at least the V trigg 2 anyway) will give you a 90 degree piston, which, as you say, will give you a smoother push back of the bolt.

Comment

Well, you may be right. It all depends on the quality of the stock sears you actually have in your gun. I played with mine for a couple of shoots with the stock sears and spring and they showed signs of wear. They gave up completely after 1 game with a 500fps spring.

Nothing to lose by trying without tbh.

Comment

Ah I see. At least sears are parts that some UK retailers stock if indeed they do turn out to be made of cheddar.

Comment

Sorry should have mentioned.... laylax cylinder internals / firefly internals (piston and rest be laylax) is cheaper when using a stock cylinder.

Personally a teflon cylinder isn't that much easier to cock than a well lubed stock cylinder.

The best VSR i ever owned was all laylax apart from the cylinder which was stock and a stock cylinder head :/

Currently have an all PDI APS2 though with zero trigger thats the best spring sniper i have ever owned beating a VSR considerably in range but accuracy is yet to be tackled with a less tighter barrel and new hop rubber.

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101862

Comment

Thanks for the link badas.
                            As much as Id like to get this cylinder build on the way, that stock is damn tempting.

Comment

haha, allways do performance before looks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sic Find out more about sic
                              Working...
                              X