BAR10 slams with red piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR10 slams with red piston

Ok, BAR10 with recently purchased laylax spring guide, red piston and stock trigger sears... It slams through with the stock spring and a 150...

The stock trigger sears is like new, so is an uprated set likely to prevent this for any period of time or should I dump the red piston and just get a zero/PDI or similar?

Cheers for any help or guidance...

Re: BAR10 slams with red piston

It's the sears, they can't handle anything over a 130 without going tits up.

Comment

So what's actually different about the upgraded sears?

I can't see how a sear of exactly the same design but higher quality material would solve this problem?

Comment

Because the upgraded sears are made better. With JG having sears made there may only be a millimeter difference in the tollerance or even less than that but when they are under as much pressure as the red piston and 150 spring put them under they strain and even if it does work will die very quickly. The laylax ones have better tolerances and when it all depends on a few mm's to hold onto the piston the laylax ones do the job.

My vote is get a zero trigger that will solve all your problems and will last forever.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Won't last forever, but will last long enough to make it worth buying. Even Z triggers have a limited lifetime, but we're talking like 10-15 years.
          There's a chance if you stick the stock piston back it, it'll still work for a while. I think the JG parts are made with a bigger piston, and smaller sears. But if you want to run the 150, get proper sears.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
            There's a chance if you stick the stock piston back it, it'll still work for a while. I think the JG parts are made with a bigger piston, and smaller sears. But if you want to run the 150, get proper sears.
            That makes sense... I put the original piston and spring in again last night and it's firing well... I think the JG stock cylinder must have a wider diameter chamfer/collar round the back and a shorter sear, like you say.

I don't dare run the 150 spring with the crappy stock piston as it seems to be made from a hardened cheese substance at best.

Anyway, I'll be seeing if a TM trigger assembly with deepfire sears helps the issue shortly.

Cheers for your input guys, I appreciate it.

Comment

As prescribed, the new trigger unit and sears has solved the problem, the whole lot feels much more solid too.

I also had relative success making a TM mag fit perfectly. I've read many are a little tight and the one I got was, however a couple of strokes with a file on the back of the mag. (the opposite end to where the BBs go in and out) had it slotting in like a dream.

Also, I found the laylax spring guide stopper a little too wide for the slot in the stock JG cylinder, which caused the whole lot to bind quite badly. I've left the stock one in for now because I couldn't be bothered to get the file out again to make the required clearance, either by opening up the cylinder slot of taking off a little of the spring guide stopper sides, but it would be an easy task. We are talking a millimetre at most.

These may well be common issues, but I thought I'd document them for the sake of others in my position.

Comment

Even upgraded sears aren't the end of it, I'm afraid. The upgraded sears will help big time but, also be aware that the front trigger housing screw likes to come undone all by itself, which will also result in slam firing. If it does it again, check this screw as well as your sears.

Comment

Cheers Duck... I threw in an upgraded trigger unit (Marui) with some Deepfire sears and it's worked a treat.

I also assemble the whole thing using blue loctite, an engineering adhesive, which prevents the screws and bolts from working loose.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                  Working...
                  X