Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE M456

Hey,

I recently purchased a de m56al. It came in two tone, and I was thinking of re-painting the two toned bits, but I cant for the life of me figure it out; I was just told by the seller that the piece of plastic near the stock is just clipped on, but the section where the pump-action grip is I cant seem to detach.

Confusing

Thanks,

MM

Re: DE M456

I put the wrong thread name

Comment

No need to detach would cause far to many problems,
      Just use masking tape along the barrel and around the pump and you will have no worries,
      Tom

Comment

i tried to take mine off once but i only managed to get one off and then gave up as they other piece wouldnt budge

Comment

Did you still manage to repaint? Getting to the point of maybe just masking off all of the parts so I can paint it!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

MM

Comment

the grip is rubberised so what i did was just paint over the grips and then you know what happens when you run your hand on rubber a few times - paint comes off and leaves a cool effect in the ridges in the pump grip or just mask them up

Comment

As far as the painting is concerned, you're going to have two problems. Paint will not take well on the rubberised front grip and, as you pump the gun, you will be wearing paint off of the receiver. I've seen these painted and they look awful!

Also, can you prove that you are a "regular skirmisher", because if you can't, you are committing an offence under VCRA by manufacturing a realistic imitation firearm.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah that why hes masking them

Comment

[IMG]http://www.************.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x135/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/D/E/DE_M56AL2-Tone_1.gif[/IMG]

The front grip, when pumped, moves over the receiver. The receiver on a two tone is coloured, so that part needs to be painted. So, when it's painted, the front grip will wear the paint off of the receiver. Masking something makes no difference once a painted surface has friction applied to it.

If the front grip is a rubber finish, it won't take paint properly.

The system won't let me put a picture up, but search for a picture of the 2 tone and you'll see the problem.
                  sigpic

Comment

the paint will stay, im going to first degrease the areas, sand down, repaint, gloss, finish; by applying around 3-4 layers of paint this will stop it from coming off. Of course, without getting the pieces off, I can't repaint

Comment

Your call mate, but I've seen these with about a 2mm deep scratch in the receiver where the front grip wears it down. If you paint that thickly, it will look lousy and if you don't it will come off.

If you can get it to work, then well done, but I'd be interested to see pictures of it in a years time. (If you can get it to pieces in the first place!)
                      sigpic

Comment

ok I see where your getting at, I think there is just a small miss-understanding on this, probably, or im being an idiot. i've just had a couple of pumps with the shotty and even when the pump is fully retracted, the grip has no contact with the blue reciever (maybe Im getting the terms mixed up?), what I mean is the rear portion of the gun that is blue, i'm not going to repaint the entire gun, just the 2 blue bits.

even so, does no-one know how to safely detach these two parts?

thanks for any help so far, and sorry for any confusion caused!

Comment

when i painted mine, i didnt even have to mask anything off, i just sprayed it as it was and the finish is fine hope this helps.
                          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

The cocking grip can b taken off bye unscrewing the screws and forcing the parts appart.

Comment

update.
                              masked off all parts not needing painting, and proceeded to paint. no problems at all, looking hot, i'll post a picture later today or tomorrow. of course, like rockinrobin said, could just come scratched off so easily. so far i've applied 6 layers of paint, going to gloss and put a finish on it later, will put a picture up!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

minimayhem Find out more about minimayhem
                              Working...
                              X