Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading L96

Hey,
    My L96 ( warrior ) seems massivly underpowered! my brothers SR-25 and my M4 S System both seem to be much faster and more powerful!
    Not sure if the L96 is stock but im prety sure that it is!
    what would i need to change if i fitted an M150 spring to up the FPS ? and also is it worth getting barrel spacers? my barrel comes through to the tip and it seems to go off to the left very slightly!
    What other upgrades can i do? been looking into a 6.01 tightbore but cant find one anywhere!
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Also the bipod is really wibbly and crap tbh.... i was wondered if i should fill the end of the gun with areldite or chemfix etc to permantly fix it in and remain solid? The bipod will remove from the rail anyway?

Thanks,
    Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Upgrading L96

firstly waht type l96 is it?
    if you want to up the power to 500fps you need to buy
    spring(must)
    piston(must)
    springguide(not 100% must,but advised)
    cylinder(not 100% must but advised)
    cylinder head(not 100% must,but advised)
    trigger and piston sears(if maruzen its a must if clone still advised)or if you have the cash a zero trigger unit.

i would advise fitting barrel spacers, but you can easily make your own with electrical tape and ptfe tape.i would use bought spacers if the barrel sits off.but if it looks like the inner barrel is bent take it out and role it across,glass or something you know is perfectly flat,this will show if its bent or not

as for the barrel, you can only change the barrel if you change the hopunit(pdi or hexaganol)
    both of these arent great(ive only used the pdi myself)the pdi is a real pain to set up and the hexagonal supposidly offers no benefts over the origional,bar allowing aeg barrels/rubbers to be used.
    you wont find replacement/upgrade rubbers for the origional as no one makes them
    and you wont find any tn barrels for the origional either.Ok projects made a 6.03 but there like gold dust.
    i would advise just cleaning the hole rifle if its a clone and then thread locking the hopunit screw when its set,that or adding a nub so the hop works as a set hopunit.
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Its a Warrior L96... that bad?
      So what your saying is there isent really any mods i can do? lol.. jee that sucks!
      apart from upgrading the spring and what not! What will a zero trigger do? there like £150!

Chandler

Comment

zero triggers have upgraded sears already (i think). it is better to buy everything as youll have to buy them in the future.
        sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

but cant i just buy the 500fps Type 96 upgrade kit, which is the piston and all that etc, then get upgraded sears?

Chander

Comment

if your buying a upgrade kit, itll probibly come with them anyway. by the way you have looked at the upgrade guide havent you?????

MKE
            sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

i rather quickly read through it yeah!
              The upgrade kit doesent come with Sears, so im looking at £150 for the kit and the sears?
              also for the time being how to i do the head with the PTFE tape? just wrap it around the whole thing?

Chandler

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                Its a Warrior L96... that bad?
                So what your saying is there isent really any mods i can do? lol.. jee that sucks!
                apart from upgrading the spring and what not! What will a zero trigger do? there like £150!

The zero trigger changes the whole piston release system...

I've never seen the insides of a Warrior L96, and I have only ever taken apart my JG BAR10, but if the design is similar, the trigger and piston release mechanism, as stock, is a fairly interesting design... It relies on a 45 degree latch/catch type mechanism which, whilst new, will work fine, but will rapidly wear and will malfunction if tolerances are off. Basically, there is not a great deal of room for error with these things.

The harder the spring you fit, the more pressure you put on the system, which leads to faster wear and in the long run, more malfunction.

A zero trigger does away with the 45 degree system and instead uses a precision made, 90 degree catch, which is better at holding back a powerful spring and less prone to wear. It also has less delicate moving parts.

Chandler
                Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                but cant i just buy the 500fps Type 96 upgrade kit, which is the piston and all that etc, then get upgraded sears?

Chander

Yes, but I'm led to understand that ever GOOD sears don't last too long at 500fps...

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone that has helped me find out all this stuff recently and allowed me to regurgitate it!

Comment

Sorry, I'm a little new to this forum/website, but I have a similar question. What Piston will fit with a zero trigger in the UTG L96. I have looked forever with no response/success. Any link would be much appreciated to. Thanks!

Comment

Would just like to point out all I did was put a PDI hop up in, a tighbore barrel in my warrior and it was way past 500 fps. I cannot cut an m110 spring short enough to bring it down to everyday skirmish levels lol

Was going to put a new piston, head and cylinder in it but I would never be able to fire it at anyone.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                    Working...
                    X