Power issues TM L96 AWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power issues TM L96 AWS

Recently purchased TM L96 AWS (s/hand) but it appears well down on power. Haven't had it chrono'd but distance and impact well below what I had been expecting.
    I know little about the workings so any help/guidance/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Re: Power issues TM L96 AWS

Stock TM L96's are generally low powered anyways but.....

Only thing you can do really is take it all apart (not the trigger mech) and give it a good inspection and clean out.

Use silicone grease to re-grease the internals but only a small ammount on the parts that touch, e.g. spring guide and piston o-ring. Use silicone grease for a thin layer on the cylidner externally too.

The piston O-ring could be too worn providing a poor air seal causing low fps.

Clean out the inner barrel with silicone spray and clean that out with cigaret filters / small ammount of tissue until it comes out clean. Clean the hop rubber using silicone spray then soaps warmish water and let dry and re assemble.

Check the cylinder head isn't cracked / damanged to cause air leakes too and also wrap some ptfe tape arround the hop rubber (one layer only) and overlap that onto the inner barrel for a better air seal.

Should increase fps providing nothing is worn out, ensure the hop isn't over applied then go chrono.

Main faults would be spring has been cocked for too long so its gone weak or o-ring is damaged / cylinder head too or the hop rubber is f*cked.

Comment

Whats the range like using .20's?
      "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Stock fps is 340 on TM one?
        Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

Around 290 actually.
          "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think its probably a weak spring as it is very easy to cock. Range, (accurate) with .25s is about 35mtrs. Its still accurate but running out of puff at that distance. Is this an easy fix for the hammer and hit it brigade?!

Comment

With the stock configuration you can use the Tanio Coba rifled barrel...
              I've read that on 1joule guns has pretty good increase of range.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

A TM l96 with .25 should reach 45m, just.... I have measured this so I know it is true. Might have been left cocked?

Comment

whoa,

first things first, did the seller of the weapon upgrade it at all, if so what ones were installed.....

secondly before you touch the rifle contact the seller about the previous performance stated and challenge the fact as he/she/it may have sold it under false information stated in the thread .

Thirdly chrono it using .2's a stock tm l96 aws hits 295 +/- 10 fps, if this is correct then it is stock performance, and then you will need to strip the rifle, UKAZ forum has a great guide for dissesemble of the rifle and parts replacement

REF lube, DO NOT grease the bolt itself, as there are 4 channels under the trigger housing that silicone oil filters into and thus internal lubes the bolt each trigger pull

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Denz1l Find out more about Denz1l
                  Working...
                  X