X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 Hopup!

Hey people!
    My Warrior L96 Hopup is boobed!
    i tried to do the PTFE Mod but whatever i managed to do just broke it completely! There is no adjustment as the black lever doesent even touch the rubber... have i put it together wrong?
    is there supposed to be a small piece of rubber (nub)? if so i'v lost it .. and when you put the rubber on the barrel. Is the pokey out bit of rubber meant to sit in the cut out on the barrel? or did it turn inside out?
    Thanks,
    Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: L96 Hopup!

This sounds like a bit of a mess if I'm honest. Can you post pictures of what you have?

Comment

ok when u take the hop rubber off this time . re-install after cleaning in warm soapy water and realign the nub on the inside of the rubber with the hole ( when rubber is fully on barrel the nub will poke down the hole )

check to see if the bucking is still inside the hop unit if u have lost it dont panic if lost mine in my vsr and replaced with a 2-4 mm long cut wire sleeve that was laying in my tool box and it works a treat . then when re-installing into the hop unit make sure u align the hop up hole with the arm then push down gently til seated correctly .

retighten the screw spacer and away u go . .

hope this helps

Comment

sorry for late reply!

I have lost the bucking but if i put anything in there it seems to be too much and the nub protrudes into the barrel massivly! when i put the ring around it anyway.. and thats with the screw loosing off totally...

thanks
        chandler

Comment

if you have lost the bucking . if you have any standard wire spare . cut a strip 3mm long and use that . as will be the right size and wont make the nobbly bit pretrude too much

Comment

but it pushes it really far in.. and without it it doesent touch it lol.. is the Warrior L96 hop supposed to have such a big nub?

Thanks,
            Chandler

Comment

what hop up rubber have you got inside it .

Comment

its just standard.. its clear?
                not much help im afraid..

Chandler

Comment

ok . try gettin a thin bit if wire tube that is 2-3mm long . and only 1-2mm in diameter as this should work .

Comment

Hey guys, I was messing around with my L96 hopup and I was wondering what you meant by the "bucking" (I'm a bit of a noob :P). Is it the rubber tube itself, or is there something else inside the rubber tube?
                    I know one thing: a broken half of a flat, thin, black plastic ring fell out and I'm not sure where exactly it came from. Any suggestions?
                    Thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

Seems to be some confusion of terms going on here, the "nub" is generally the small (talking millimetres in size) cylinder that causes the backspin on the bb via the rubber and is often the part that falls out when you change barrels etc. Bucking is also the same as Rubber, basically the large cylinder that you put over your barrel which the nub pushes onto when you apply hop.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                      Working...
                      X