TM VSR10 PRO spring upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR10 PRO spring upgrade?

I just ordered my tm vsr 10 pro sniper and I wondered if, from stock, what the highest power spring I could put in it was with all the other parts being the stock tm stuff?

cheers

tom

Re: TM VSR10 PRO spring upgrade?

SP 130 with a push.

Comment

being a complete newbie, what do you mean by push? :P

thanks

Comment

'push' as in that's the highest you can use, and that is getting very close to breaking point, ie. 'you're really pushing it'
        Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

ah ook. what sort of FPS would a vsr10 be getting with an sp 130 =)?

Comment

a 125 spring is more than enough power
            Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

fps aint half of it with a sniper, so id not recomend just getting a gun and sticikin in the biggest spring you can get into it.

adn if you dont trust me with this info, look at every other thread to do with sniper fps and you will get the same answers
              Originally posted by Teddykiller
              I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

ok :P what sort of fps would a 125 get then, lol

edit: btw jordan I know, it's just that the vsr im getting fires at about 300fps, and i'm just trying to get it to 330 or so, so i dont have the 30 meter engagement distance rule ^^

Comment

1 joule spring then, i think thats around the same as a 100 spring in an aeg but not sure about the vsr springs
                  Originally posted by Teddykiller
                  I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

What do you want to achieve when you get the vsr mate?

Are you just trying to get the fps to about 330fps, and then use it at that velocity?

Comment

for the moment, yeah :P

Comment

Just whack a laylax 100 or 110 in there.

Comment

My VSR is on 328fps with a 110sp, I's say go for that.
                          Trader Feedback:
                          New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                          Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
                            ok :P what sort of fps would a 125 get then, lol

edit: btw jordan I know, it's just that the vsr im getting fires at about 300fps, and i'm just trying to get it to 330 or so, so i dont have the 30 meter engagement distance rule ^^
                            400+ easy !! LOL
                            Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

When you change the spring, you'll need to drill out the pin in the cylinder to get the head out. Be very careful – I used a pillar drill, and did it very accurately, BUT I didn't drill quite deep enough, and when I unscrewed the cylinder head it must have damaged the cylinder's threads. The head blew out the other day... so now I have a new cylinder!

Everyone will tell you that you MUST upgrade the barrel first. I'm about to finish the first major stages of my VSR's upgrades and will post all the figures of every part. But I think it's worth knowing that (and this applies to a Tokyo Marui VSR with a stock barrel, not a JG Bar 10) with a 150 Laylax spring, new trigger and second sear, new spring guide and a Laylax High Pressure piston (no other changes) I was getting a consistent 474 fps. Use the original piston's O-Ring if it's still new, or get a BS115 from a local bearing factors for about 25p (as they recommend in Ai magazine). The Laylax one does seem a bit thin.
                              Now... using Madbull .4 BBs, the VSR is very accurate. At 10m it will hit a 2" group. At distance, it still stays consistent. I haven't changed the hop rubbber, but it is at its maximum adjustment, so I'm just waiting for delivery of a hard Firefly one.

I will be upgrading the barrel later, to either a 6.01 or a 6.03, and will probably get a longer than standard one and hide it in a silencer (and I'll put barrel spacers in). However, if you're like me, you probably want this to be the kind of gun you can keep adding to. With a standard Marui barrel, my findings are that, at around 500fps, the gun is still usefully accurate.

By the way – the piston comes with an air brake or a little grub screw. THe air brake sapped almost 100fps! I used the grub screw, but it does make the gun quite noisy. You MUST threadlock the grub screw. I'm waiting for some Laylax dampers to be delivered.
                              Last edited by LeoDanger; 31 August, 2009, 14:28.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reflexsnipe Find out more about reflexsnipe
                              Working...
                              X