BAR-10 upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR-10 upgrade help

I have a bar-10, and I want to upgrade it (as the title says, lmao) i want to take it up to 500fps. however i dont have the money to upgrade all the components at once.

after i have the spring what are the most important upgrades, so the internals can take the new forces??

are there any stock components that dont need to be upgraded?

are there any sites that you know of were i can get the parts i need at a lower cost?

any help would be great

Thanks,

Peter

Re: BAR-10 upgrade help

Aparantly theres two upgrade you can do for free, cuting the airbrake and stopping the (dnt know wht its called) bit that is at the end of the cylinder. Its reported to get it up to 500fps. Ive been looking into it as i wana get one, best to google them, someone must have done a step by step guide.
    Armoury:
    JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

Right, since I have done a very similar low cost upgrade of my Bar 10 here is what you do:

Buy a Firefly hard hop rubber (NOW!!) (cant give you a site to buy from but mayb if you gave me some ************ you would find it!)
      Then buy some pfte/teflon (plumbing) tape, fit the hard hop rubber and rap the pfte tape round it to give a good air seal then fit it back into the hop unit!

Then fit the 500fps spring and cut the air break (stick on top of piston) but about 1cm leaving 1/2cm remaining(ish)

Combine the above with a good clean/re-grease and you gun, even though its basicaly still stock will be hitting 500 fps and if you use some good .36's will be getting excellent range and accuracy! You really dont need to spend any more money!

However, eventualy this might go pop, and even if it doesnt you may consider buying:
      TM or upgrade trigger seers
      upgrades piston at the same time
      tight bore barrel

But really nothing else is needed, I run mine with the above mods/upgrades and a TM trigger and it is brilliant!

Comment

Oh ok it stared out the shop name, but if you fill in the blanks mayb you can get it (sorry mods, but as far as im aware Z1 dont sell them, if they did id recommend them tho...as they are the gods of the universe!)

Comment

thanks for the info 'your evil twin' and 'skinandbones' its a great help.
          And a relief that i dont have to empty my bank on upgrades! lmao

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
          X