JG 10 Bar Issue - Mag catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG 10 Bar Issue - Mag catch

Recently bought this rifle off one of the fellow members on this forum. However they did not mention that the Mag catch *plate* is missing.

I dont know if the issuse is directly related to the missing plate however I see no other reason for it cocking up.

The mag does not always "Click" into the mag well, once it does it does not feed the BBs into the chamber. When I try and remove the mag the mag button moves up into the gun ( As there is nothing preventing the mag catch release from being pushed up)

I managed to get this working, easy to "Click" mag into the well and remove it. But since I have taken it apart and re-assembled its being ... Happy.

Any suggestions? - Checked the Mag its all working, seems to be the Mag Button, Slide, Spring or Missing plate - that is causing the issue.
    "Hey Ho, Its easy Let It Go, Nothing Before Was Real"

"Eels up inside ya', Findin' an entrance where they can"

"Stay Back, I Know WING CHUN"

Re: JG 10 Bar Issue - Mag catch

Any suggestions?

Comment

I can't recall there being more than 3 parts for the Bar-10 mag release assembly (spring, button and catch, you need to assemble the catch when you 1st get the rifle and try not to lose it whenever you strip the thing down).
      It could be the mag isn't compatible with the rifle (had a similar issue at the GZ Weekender with my bro's JG Bar-10 G-spec, if it's not the stock mag) or that the rifle isn't assembled correctly (check the 2 screws holding the body to the barrel assembly are tightened and not loose (don't over-tighten though!), and that the assembly is actually seated together properly .. also check the mag release is seated properly, If the mag isn't making contact with the feeding tube properly it'll misfeed.

*edit* you can find mag release assembly vid-guides on youtube, as simple as the thing should be, it can be a little fiddly if you arn't familiar with it.
      Last edited by Fluxeor; 19 September, 2009, 03:06.
      AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

There are 3 parts - you need all 3 parts. Check a Bar-10 assembly guide on youtube to make sure they are the right way round.
        Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Iv'e checked, checked and double checked. Mag catch is still giving me an isusses.. When I press it, rather than going up and back - like a button, it just pushes the latch out from the holder inside the rifle. When pulling the bolt back it comes un-latched but still held in slightly. When I then push the mag back in to stop it falling out it double loads the shotgun. Everytime I pull the bolt back then push forwards A bb falls out the end, yet still has one left inside.

I got threw a 55 round mag with about 12 cocks. Its not on..

Im hoping that re-newing the old spring and if needs be glueing the latch onto the inside of the rifle.

Comment

55rnd mag?
            Sounds like a G&P mid cap mag (The standard VSR has a 25rnd, not sure about the BAR though.

The China manufactured "mid cap" BAR/VSR mags are bad at best. See if you can find a Standard cap one, preferably a Marui.
            "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop it from putting lego up its bum."

Comment

I have a G&P 55 rnd Mag and a Standard 25 rnd Marui Mag. Both epic failed. Some shots would go fine - then nothing - then mag sliping out - then shotgun.

My opinion is that when the mag starts to slide out and I push it back in, it makes the Mag squease out a couple more BBs - Obviously. However does not answer why the mag keeps falling out in the first place. Im hopeing that changing the spring will change this - if i can find a suitable pen spring.

Also, I think the Safety pin may be catching on the cylinder - somtimes i have to tap the bolt back down.

Your thoughts, suggestions, ideas. Im really at the end of my fuse here. Its making me think sod airsoft and cut my losses.

Nothing but hassel this has been, first and last time I buy a second hand rifle..

Comment

Iv'e made another thread above so that all the issuses are compressed into one easy to follow statment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Luketrials Find out more about Luketrials
                Working...
                X