Snow wolf socom m24 upgrades..help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow wolf socom m24 upgrades..help.

Hi everyone, just got hold of a nearly new snow wolf socom M24, I have been led to understand that this is a clone of the javalin m24, but weather this is correct I can't be sure.

Now, my nephew is keen to get into this sniping lark, and I don't mind spending the money for decent upgrades for him, I stripped the rifle down last night and of course as suspected the piston assembly, spring needs replacing, the hop up needed some work as well. Now this is my problem, I can't seem to pin point what parts would be swappable with this rifle, another person has said the APS2(?) is a clone, however finding the right parts is a nightmare.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice, any is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Snow wolf socom m24 upgrades..help.

Hi Taff,

I have a mate who has taken one to bits recently to have a go at the upgrades.

The Trigger mech and hop are that of a VSR. Although the hop looks like it will only take an AEG rubber... Everything else appears to be APS2.

There are rumours about that the CA24 hop unit will fit, but after a shufty on the net it only looks possible after filing it down here and there and making various mods.

I have one turning up myself end of this week and we'll be taking that to bits for a project. I'll get some piccies and a parts list for you if that'd be handy?

Ben.
    "People say; 'one man can't make a difference'. That's why i have a spotter!"

Comment

Be aware - there are two versions.

One uses VSR Trigger mech and VSR Style hop unit.

The other has APS2 trigger mech, cylinder + internals BUT with the VSR style hop unit.

Don't quote me but, i think the one with fluted barrel is the one with VSR mech

The VSR "style" hop units because i think the actual VSR hop units don't fit as they are too wide and need to be filled down to fit in the outer barrel.

So in short, what does you trigger mech look like?

this: http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/..._review_21.jpg

or this: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7038/0018855x675.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the heads up dazz.

Good to have some piccies for reference!
        "People say; 'one man can't make a difference'. That's why i have a spotter!"

Comment

NP Matey.

Guys, i have one on order. I plan on upgrading it so will take pics and keep you updated. I'll do a guide or something!

Should arrive back end of next week.

Comment

Cheers Ben, any extra info is always welcomed, and pics are greatly appreciated. I'm struggling to find info on this upgrade.
            Cheerrs mate
            Taff

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
            Working...
            X