Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VSR troubles...

Originally posted by TheChef View Post
    Its not the wear that might be the problem, is the trigger sear straight along its long axis, i.e. not banana shaped as this is what causes most slam firing. even if it has bent slightly itll cause it not to engage properly.
    Made sure that as I rebuilt the trigger mech, everything was in properly as it should be. So I'm actually stumped.
    sigpic

Comment

well, tbh i think this is a worn piston (in some areas) and this is why it does hold it's cock sometimes.

I had a similar issue a few months back. It was only when i had a chance to try the piston in another rifle i confirmed the slam firing followed - hence piston in bin. Put a new piston in and problem solved.

Might be worth getting a new piston sear at the same time, Laylax or SHS. (be aware PDI piston sears only work with prdi trigger sears)

Comment

Originally posted by dazz666 View Post
        well, tbh i think this is a worn piston (in some areas) and this is why it does hold it's cock sometimes.

I had a similar issue a few months back. It was only when i had a chance to try the piston in another rifle i confirmed the slam firing followed - hence piston in bin. Put a new piston in and problem solved.

Might be worth getting a new piston sear at the same time, Laylax or SHS. (be aware PDI piston sears only work with prdi trigger sears)
        Well, seeing as the sears should be good for another 3000 or so rounds, I'll just replace the piston and report back.

In other words, does that blue piston you sell from ASPUK work with the Laylax sears and spring/spring guide?
        sigpic

Comment

hi mate, didn't realise you knew who i was

Yes the ASPUK piston does work well with Laylax or SHS sears. In fact they will work with PDI too or any other 45 degree sear as the catchment area was made a little wider to cater for diferent brands.

I'll pm you further details but as i'm not biased.....i will say PDI pistons are by far the strongest, laylax are great too but for whatever reason can be fussy.

If this doesnt work then it could be sear but i'd leave that for now. I have seen sears with what appears to be less wear than yours cause slam firing but alas - TRIAL and ERROR im afriad.

Don't forget to check/adjust your trigger pull, if it's slightly off any force could make the trigger sear slip of the trigger itself - i've seen this before.

Good luck and whatever route you take keep us updated

Comment

Quick update. Put a new high pressure neo piston in today, adjusted the trigger pull from a hair pull to a decent amount of pull. Can only wait and see what happens.

Cycled it about 10-15 times, each time it was a nice smooth bolt pull, both out and in, well, the out was more difficult that before but only fractionally (as is expected with a new 150SP).

Will keep you guys posted if it works properly or slam fires again.
            sigpic

Comment

Laylax neon pink piston thing in a stock cylinder can sometimes catch slitchly on the inside of the cylinder where the piston teflon o-rings are causing hard to pull back and crap FPS..

If your having those problems (mainly low fps) you need to sand the teflon rings slightly, careful as you can easily go too far!

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                Laylax neon pink piston thing in a stock cylinder can sometimes catch slitchly on the inside of the cylinder where the piston teflon o-rings are causing hard to pull back and crap FPS..

If your having those problems (mainly low fps) you need to sand the teflon rings slightly, careful as you can easily go too far!
                I'll keep it in mind, although it was spitting out about 470 FPS last chrono, starting at 464 at shot 1 and 470 by shot 5. Honestly, that's good enough for me, seeing as my range is about 110-120 metres. Just need to pack the hop-up to get enough lift on these devil blaster .4's I have.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't suppose anyone has any sorbo pads i could have/buy for my piston/cylinder head please??

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry to necro this thread but I recently traded my VSR 10 in a non working condition and the new owner is reporting that the Teflon rings from the cylinder are snapped - which I was unaware of when I traded it. As such I am hoping to get him some replacements - anyone know how to get hold of them? Do Zero One stock them?

Cheers,

Dan
                    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

One of them.is meant to have a gap in it, he may think its just sanpped lol, ehobby should have em bud.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kagedwolf View Post
                        seeing as my range is about 110-120 metres.
                        funniest thing ive read all night!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                          funniest thing ive read all night!
                          You'd think I was pissing about, but I sh*t you not. Having made shots that range, both in and out of skirmishes, I can say my range is about 110-120 metres.

FYI: Don't attempt to troll me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just a small necro/update. Going to be taking it out for a skirmish on the 29th, so I'll report back after with news on how it is, replaced the piston and re-assembled every little bit I could find.

Let's hope there's no more problems, it does sound and feel like it's shooting softer than before though.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kagedwolf Airsoft enthusiast Find out more about Kagedwolf
                            Working...
                            X