TM VSR-10 Gspec upgrade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR-10 Gspec upgrade problem

I have just upgraded the above gun using the parts detailed in the sticky from in this section. I have used the 150SP spring but am only getting an output of 360FPS using .20g bbs. Any suggestions of things I could check?

I have checked that the hop up unit is correctly fitted, and it seems ok to me. I have wrapped an amount of PTFE tape around the barrel to ensure it has sealed correctly but this made little difference. I have cut the air brake and put a larger O ring around the piston, this made a small change but not much.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: TM VSR-10 Gspec upgrade problem

Have you put PTFE around the cylinder head and also check that your hop is seated properly and that you have the tight coils of your spring over the spring guide.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

If the hop up being seated correctly means the nobble on the hop rubber being in the groove then yeah its seated properly. The tight coils are defiantly at the spring guide end. Do I need to put PTFE around the part of the cylinder head that goes into the hop rubber? Would that alone make up 140fps?

Comment

It sounds VERY wrong to me (loosing 140fps is quite rare). Could you please list ALL upgrades (I know you said all upgrades in the sticky, but that leaves some variance). Thanks...
        Trader Feedback:
        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

All the following parts are from the PSS10 Laylax series;

Teflon cylinder
          Cylinder bolt
          Spring guide
          150SP spring
          Zero trigger and orange piston
          Cylinder head
          Hop up unit
          G spec barrel spacers
          6.03mm 303mm barrel

I am wondering if the acyual spring that has been sent to me is not the one that I ordered, although it says it is on the packet.

Comment

hmmmm sounds like you have the wrong spring , compare it against your old one or standard one , if the new one is shorter , get hold of the retailer and enquire .

as losin 140 is un heard-of ive never heard of it anyway , and the upgrades are nice , and if competely stop the air seals leaks , will be near 500 or little over and very acurate ,

check the spring mate .

Comment

ok, thanks. I ordered it from Hong Kong so think I might just have to bite the bullet and order another one from 01. What sort of area should I be expecting to cluster in from about 30 meters?

Comment

depending on set up mate , can say a few cm's at 30m .

and with the spring i saw a few on the sale forums

Comment

Take it to or phone up steve from ****** *****, he sorted out my mates VSR Gspec and made it 500FPS

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

its not all about FPS for god sake , its about accuracy and consitancy in shots ,

i can tell you know , my mates ( Aribos ) g-spec it hittin lower then 430 and is among the most accurate rifles ive shot ,

and why take it to a shop or a site , when there are serious guys on here , ME , ALEX , ARIBOS , DOPE ON A ROPE, that know the ins and outs of the rifle and each part made , i specify on l96's and g-specs, alex specifies on most rifles, same as dope on a rope . asking on here will get the info from us , and will also allow you to become atuned with the internal workings of the rifle .

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                      its not all about FPS for god sake , its about accuracy and consitancy in shots ,

i can tell you know , my mates ( Aribos ) g-spec it hittin lower then 430 and is among the most accurate rifles ive shot ,

and why take it to a shop or a site , when there are serious guys on here , ME , ALEX , ARIBOS , DOPE ON A ROPE, that know the ins and outs of the rifle and each part made , i specify on l96's and g-specs, alex specifies on most rifles, same as dope on a rope . asking on here will get the info from us , and will also allow you to become atuned with the internal workings of the rifle .
                      The actual FPS here isn't the problem really though is it? It's more of a case that something doesn't seem to add up right. The rifle SHOULD be firing harder than that with the components listed, leading me to believe that something is amiss.

Personally, I don't think wrapping PTFE onto the barrel then fitting the hop rubber over that will improve the airseal, it;s probably just going to make the shape irregular. I'd fit the rubber directly onto the barrel, and then slightly overlap the end of the rubber with the tape to seal it onto the barrel.

Also, the cylinder head. Is that fitted correctly and achieving a decent airseal?

You mention you replaced the o-ring on the cylinder. Is it possible you used a slightly too large one, creating a better airseal, but also more drag?

Also, ho did you measure the FPS? Is it consistently low?

Comment

I reckon by the sounds of it the retailer may of been sending you the wrong spring. Some chinese retailers can be a bit dodgy like this especially if the packaging isnt that well marked. Generally i reckon you have a wrong spring or your o-rings need changing. check the o-rings on your piston and cylinder head, also maybe a bit of PTFE around the cylinder head will help the air seal. Are you chronoing without the hop on? also check for tears in the hop up rubber as this can cause considerable air loss.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I'm just reinforcing what's been said. The spring must be wrong, (from what you've said) I'm 99% sure of it. If not, as said above, check the air seals. There is nothing an airsoft engineer will be able to do any better than you at this moment in time. At least until you can confirm it is a 150sp and you have tried everything you can think of.

Even though I agree with guard-sniper, I think at a certain point, it does help to take it to someone in person, but that is once you get fed up.
                          Trader Feedback:
                          New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                          Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

I have ordered a 150 spring from zero one. I had my suspicions that the spring supplied was not the one ordered. The 'o' ring is the correct size, the new one increased FPS fractionally, it did not reduce it. every shot is within a 2-3fps variation, I would say thats fairly consistent.

I will let you know what the new spring does.

Comment

Right, I have an update. I ordered a new spring from zero one, which came and was over an inch longer than the one that was send from Hong Kong. I fitted the new spring, (along with some Laylax damper pads) and got out the chrono.

The performance has increased but not to what it should be. It is now at 390FPS. Does anyone have anymore suggestions of where my problems may lie?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

R1CH4RD21 Find out more about R1CH4RD21
                              Working...
                              X