BAR-10 Free upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR-10 Free upgrade question

Just got my BAR-10 G Spec and need to know how to do the teflon mod so if anyone can tell me that would be great. Also i am considering cutting off the air brake but im unsure as ive heard that it destroys the internal of the gun very fast, so would like to know i anyone has had any past experience with this and also if it will break the internals or not. Im already aware that the stock sears are poor, and will be getting an upgrade set within the next few weeks but i want to get it shooting as good and quick as possible ready to skirmish it this saturday.

Thanks
    Trader Rating: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...515#post229515

Re: BAR-10 Free upgrade question

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Just got my BAR-10 G Spec and need to know how to do the teflon mod so if anyone can tell me that would be great. Also i am considering cutting off the air brake but im unsure as ive heard that it destroys the internal of the gun very fast, so would like to know i anyone has had any past experience with this and also if it will break the internals or not. Im already aware that the stock sears are poor, and will be getting an upgrade set within the next few weeks but i want to get it shooting as good and quick as possible ready to skirmish it this saturday.

Thanks
    Hey mate,

Right first off, cutting the air brake does nothing to the internals apart from reduce the silence of the cylinder, all the air brake does is slow the piston down slightly to cause the brake effect and keep it silent, but with this being a g-spec it doesn't matter after all the PSS10 pistons come with a grub screw (to simulate the chopped off air brake) or an air brake.

The teflon mods are easy, get yourself some PTFE tape, put a few wraps around the cylinder head threads to give better air seal there and a couple of tight wraps around the hop rubber where it joins onto the inner barrel, if you look at the sticky guide on the single action section there is a big guide on how to do certain upgrades via several of the forums local sniper rifle experts.

I would suggest as well you see if you like sniping before shelling out on the sears and other upgrades, first on your list should be a tight bore barrel and a better hop rubber.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
      Hey mate,

Right first off, cutting the air brake does nothing to the internals apart from reduce the silence of the cylinder, all the air brake does is slow the piston down slightly to cause the brake effect and keep it silent, but with this being a g-spec it doesn't matter after all the PSS10 pistons come with a grub screw (to simulate the chopped off air brake) or an air brake.

The teflon mods are easy, get yourself some PTFE tape, put a few wraps around the cylinder head threads to give better air seal there and a couple of tight wraps around the hop rubber where it joins onto the inner barrel, if you look at the sticky guide on the single action section there is a big guide on how to do certain upgrades via several of the forums local sniper rifle experts.

I would suggest as well you see if you like sniping before shelling out on the sears and other upgrades, first on your list should be a tight bore barrel and a better hop rubber.
      So cutting the air brake wont effect any of the internal's or shorten their life ? Will possibly give it a go tomorrow if thats the case, just dont want to go wrecking the internals of a gun which i only just got haha. PTFE tape sounds easy enough to do, roughly how much of a rise in fps would i get from doing both these mods ?

Thanks for the help !

Comment

To be honest only a few fps, roughly around maybe 20 tops. The air brake will not shorten any life of any stock internals, all it does is make your cylinder slightly louder as your piston moves faster without the brake and smacks onto the cylinder head (as it should) just without the air brake. I myself on my stock piston cut it half way down and filed it out so that it would still have an fps increase but keep some quietness.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Ok cheers for the info, will hopefully do both of these mods tonight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rookie Find out more about Rookie
          Working...
          X