Mid-Cap v Hi-Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Cap v Hi-Cap

I'm a newb with an M4 with Hi-Cap mags. There comes a point on full auto when it stops firing the bb's and the mag needs a good wind or changed for another mag. I found this a pain if I'm on a charge or giving covering fire. If I use a mid-cap will this still happen.

a well known auction site will offer lonex magazines. on the bottom is a door, you open it and a pull string is visible give it a few tugs till the tone changes and then the mag is good for all 350 rounds :eek:
    no winding and all the pleasure of a mid caps constant firing.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Mid-Cap v Hi-Cap

Originally posted by Gonz View Post
      I'm a newb with an M4 with Hi-Cap mags. There comes a point on full auto when it stops firing the bb's and the mag needs a good wind or changed for another mag. I found this a pain if I'm on a charge or giving covering fire. If I use a mid-cap will this still happen.
      I used a hi-cap for the first 9 months or so of playing airsoft, then switched to 6x130rnd midcaps. You don't have the winding issue, all 130 will fire through on full auto at once if you so wish. I prefer the mid-caps any day. You have to be more aware of how much ammo you've got left, but it's more effectively used in mids.

Comment

I found that I didn't like the mid caps due to the fact that I ended up relaoding a hell of a lot more, whereas with high caps I didn't have that problem...
        But at the end of the day its up to you if you want it to be more realistic then go for mids, if not, get winding

Comment

Well tbh whats quicker and easier? Changing a mag or winding one? Defo reloading. And you wont sound like a rattle when running.
          Mid caps are about half as much to buy too.
          And you can get 190 round mags!
          I have 7x 120mids i got for £30 off here!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Hi caps? What are hi caps? Hmmmm........
            Oh I remember! Them things that make an awfull amout of noise when running and winding!
            Do the right thing, get mid caps Thats what I use on my Sentry.
            Also you have the added benifit of using them as real cap or mid cap.

(just thought, we could do an ad with Mr T! Storms GZW with a tank and says to some guy with a high cap:
            GET SOME MIDS FOOL! OR FEEL THE PAIN!!!!!)
            Originally posted by Tiercel
            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

MIDCAPS FTW!!!
              That is all.

X-ray

Comment

Lonex Flash mags for AK's. 550 rounds in one go. COME AT ME BRAH!
                "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

midcaps ftw

Started on high caps but got sick of the rattling, winding and malfunctioning feeding mechanisms

Comment

Lonex high caps pull da string 2 or 3 times an days it ,,, whole mag emptys with no winding . Luv em . Couldn't go back unless it my ump . 500 rounds and the littlest winding wheel in Airsoft mags . Lonex if you are listening !!! Help !!!

Comment

Mid caps! More realistic, no 'wind wind wind wind wind' every 10 shots, cheaper.
                      Originally posted by psirus101
                      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

With regards to lonex I have found that they have intermittent feeding in many guns (I have tried them in virtually every gun under the sun with similar results) If the OP is wanting a magazine that keeps going without you having to wind,pull or charge go with midcaps they are simple less to go wrong and generally cheaper (box of 5 pmags costs about £40 compared to £25 per hicap...)
                        also with MIDS you will get to reload your weapon which can add realism to playing airsoft (which is my personal opinion) if you go with midcaps be sure to get a good company like MAG or silverback I have also heard very good things about G&G mids too (more like lows as they only store 79bb's)

Anyway thats my two cents...

Regards,
                        X-ray

Comment

I started with hi-caps, as I felt at a disadvantage with midcaps not storing as many rounds.

Although when I swapped to an M4 I bought some 80rd PMAGs purely because they were cheaper than hicaps. Now I'm exclusively sold on midcaps. Save you ammo, no windywindy, so when they stop firing you know you need to swap mags plus you hardly need 450rounds in a mag. If it takes you that many shots to hit someone maybe you should take up knitting
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain and suggest hi-caps for new guy.

I don't know what rig you have so i am going to assume minimal - seeing as you are new to the game.

2 hi-caps will allow you to carry the same amount of ammo as somebody with 5 x 120round mid-caps.

Advantages:
                            One on a gun, one in your pocket.
                            2 hi-caps are cheaper than 5 mids.
                            depending on style of play, possible enough ammo for the day.
                            Fewer mag changes (but more winding - see disadvantages)
                            Quick ammo check with a rattle or use of trapdoor.

Disadvantages:
                            Rattle worse than a nursery
                            Need to be rewound often
                            Not considered "in the spirit of the game" by many

Personal opinions:
                            I am an advocate of both for different reasons. Aside from the reasons mentioned above, you should use hi-caps because they are fun. You are new to the game and FUN should be your primary concern. Get out there and hose down seasoned players with your two mags and smile while you do it.

BBs cannot penetrate light cover such as wood, tin or dense bushes. I think a ratio of 10:1 over real ammo is a fair compensator.

The winding process takes less time than a proper mag change. You are in the action for longer and need to think less tactically than your mid-capped opponent.

For me, mid caps were like a turning point in my attitude to the game. When you have played a while it will become too easy to cut people in half with a load of ammo. You know you will win a firefight, purely because you can throw more at them for longer than they can throw back at you. Once you find it too easy, you need to make it more of a challenge. Handicap yourself with less mags or less ammo. once that is easy, handicap yourself further by buy using midcaps, thus forcing mag changes - which i can promise you are not always when it is convenient for you!

Play a few games with a couple of hicaps. See f you can borrow some mids for and afternoon or one game to see if you like it, but i strongly urge you to stick with the hicaps until you feel ready for more of a challenge.

Comment

+1 to what Loki said, make sure you have fun.

Although as a sidenote, I bought 5 midcaps (PMAG 80rds) for £35 new for my rifle, whereas 2 hicaps from OEM (ICS) would have set me back £50. Best to check your preferred retailer (Zeroone ofc) for pricing.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gonz Find out more about Gonz
                              Working...
                              X