Mid-Cap v Hi-Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Cap v Hi-Cap

And with midcaps you dont get that awkward moment where you put the new mag in the gun, and the mag unwinds...
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Midcaps all the way... it takes a fraction of the time to reload than to finger your magazine.

Comment

Midcaps all the way, they are more fun, feed better and are way more reliable.

I love midcaps because I only use semi auto so I use near to know BBs, I can make a whole M4 high cap last me an hour long game... Its just boring when you dont get the thrill of having to reload in the middle of a firefight.

Comment

Reloading is the most fantastic thing to do in a fire fight, you want panic and a rush, use real caps (i use gas guns) so i carry 5 30 round mags on me, normally go back to safe zone with rounds too. You learn to pick your shots, not spray 70 rounds at someone in a circular fashon to find they all drop short and said enemy laughs at you.

With an AEG mid caps are the way forward though, no rattle, no piddleing about winding stuff up, not feeding properly etc etc. And the last thing other players wanna hear when they are being sneeky sneeky is a hi cap rattle/wind come from behind and give them all away (yes it happened to me a few times, LIVID)

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

High caps should be tracked down then burnt. Mid-caps or real caps. You do not need 500 rounds in one mag!

Comment

ll im@ stargate P90 (and anybody else for whom the cap fits...)

If somebody is a self confessed new guy... oh, i don't know... for the sake of argument lets say Gonz (the OP asking for advice), do you think that it would be more beneficial to him (and anybody else with similar questions) if you actually tried to put together a constructive statement with pros and cons for each mag type?

I only really use my mids now, but hicaps have their place.

Stating that 2 hicaps cost more than 5 mids may be true, but as most AEGs come with one hicap already, you would only need to purchase one other.
              If new guys are berated and crucified for using mids, their initial outlay moves from:

AEG + mag
              spare mag
              battery
              charger
              ammo

to:

AEG + mag (which heaven forbid they use as iwas a supplied hicap)
              X amound of mids or low caps
              battery
              charger
              ammo
              webbing of some description
              pouches of some description

It is all the little extras that if told you MUST have this to start will turn people away from the initial investment!

Rather than just tell him that you are so tacticool that you can play a whole day with one mag of marshmallows firing from a 12fps bazooka, why not try to actually offer advice to the new guys so they can find out what is best for them.

Comment

I'm using a high cap on my scar, but only because after buying the scar I'm broke and can't afford midcaps right now >_<

Midcaps for the G36 (backup gun) though, and low caps for the gas AK I hope to get (not much choice there).

I would always say to have one high cap. I do this on the G36. If I burn through my 8 midcaps it's nice to know I've got a plan B, instead of having a long walk back to the respawn to spend 20 minutes with a speedloader.

Comment

I run 3 hicaps and 6 midcaps and 3 pistol mags. Never caught short
                  429 Semper Vigilo

Comment

Originally posted by Dave429 View Post
                    I run 3 hicaps and 6 midcaps and 3 pistol mags. Never caught short
                    Only 3 pistol mags? Jesus, going lightweight? (i joke)
                    Before i sold the glock i had 2 long mags, 2 short and 4 1911 mags... Along with 7 mids and 4 40mm shells ;/ one man army! (150+100+7x120+3x108) no need for hicaps.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Thanks for advice. I have acquired a mid-cap so will give that a go.

Comment

I glad you can all find mid caps! I've been looking to get some new and found nothing but King Arms ones which have got a ton of bad reviews!

I've gonna give up and get 2 flash mags lol
                        Upcoming Games:
                        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Dependant on the gun your after mids for, the King arms ones can be fine, it depends on the ammo you use,
                          But if its an M4, then MAG midcaps are damned reliable

Comment

Originally posted by daladzor View Post
                            Dependant on the gun your after mids for, the King arms ones can be fine, it depends on the ammo you use,
                            But if its an M4, then MAG midcaps are damned reliable
                            I've been looking for MAG mids but can't find anywhere with them in stock and I am not paying magpul prices!
                            Upcoming Games:
                            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Well i use high caps on my guns and mids on my mp5s as they feed better windings a breease as i use an alen key in the hole in the mag

Dont get me wrong mids are fun but in a game site mostly full of hicaps whats the point

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gonz Find out more about Gonz
                              Working...
                              X