Is this AEG even close to good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this AEG even close to good?

Will you be able to put a real gearbox in it?

My friend says that's all he can afford at the moment, so he would like to upgrade it in the future.
    "I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by MPhantom View Post

My friend says that's all he can afford at the moment, so he would like to upgrade it in the future.
      Then he would be daft to buy this gun.

Save up a few more months and get something that does not need upgrades right out of the box.

Comment

Well I don't know what he's going to get, but I'm eyeing a Cyma AK74U, the site which has no VAT don't have much info, could anyone link me the real model of it thanks! And if it will last me?
        "I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Sorry for the double post but does anyone own a CYMA AK47 CM042A here, what are they like?

Comment

Well I don't know what he's going to get, but I'm eyeing a Cyma AK74U, the site which has no VAT don't have much info, could anyone link me the real model of it thanks! And if it will last me?
            If it's VAT free it means its an import and therefore likely you'll get clobbered with import duty and if you haven't got a defence under the VCR act, it'll most likely be destroyed. Risky if you ask me.

Unfortunately we can't link you however google is your friend here. There are going to be plenty of reviews for almost everything.
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Did you actually read my post just above yours ? A normal metal version 3 box will slot straight in, but that shouldn`t be necessary from the start, the gun will give acceptable service out of the box, contrary to what some people have guessed. Yet again airsoft snobbishness rears it`s ugly head on here, if that`s all your mate can afford then it`s a reasonable gun for the price and perfectly useable on the field. The fixed stock version is around for £75 so even cheaper than the folder.

Comment

slick i agree 100%!
                yes top brands offer top quality, but cheap makes still offer solid reliable guns.
                i have a double eagal ak47, which i bought many many many years ago and its solidly built and an exact clone of the tm version.
                as it stands it performs flawlessly, you pull the trigger, bbs come out the other end at 320~fps. what more can you ask from an airsoft gun.
                in the event something in the gear box goes wrong, a set of xyt gears, piston and motor will cost you less than £30..
                dont get me wrong im a sucker for brands, but doesnt mean i would refuse something lesser

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

There's a difference between snobbishness and knowing when something will ultimate be a waste of money in the long run.
                  Upcoming Games:
                  None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                  Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
                    There's a difference between snobbishness and knowing when something will ultimate be a waste of money in the long run.
                    So you have personal experience of this gun then ?
                    What you get for the money is a perfectly useable body up to Cyma standards, and a gearbox which is skirmishable at an acceptable fps, mine had lasted for over a year with no flaws. I think a few peeps have a view that this gearbox is the brittle perspex type found in lpegs, it isn`t, it`s a nylon reinforced polymer which is a lot stronger. Should the gearbox eventually pop then a metal version 3 is about £35, total cost £110 and the user still gets a good few years out of it.
                    I`d sooner a person bought a useable gun which he could afford and got out on the field, rather than sit at home wondering when he can afford to get out to a game.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MPhantom Find out more about MPhantom
                    Working...
                    X