MP5K.. Marui or CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MP5K.. Marui or CA?

get the ca these are epig guns i got a deal from airsoftarmoury including 5 high caps.

Comment

What you wanting it for? Unless you dying for a metal body I'd go with the TM. As a backup you'll want light I'd assume. If you using it as a main, all down to personal preference.

Comment

my MP5k was my backup though i carried it around with normal AEGs.. though its much better than most pistols.. its still much heavier! maybe get a proper holster. i had a CQB sling on mine slung around the back!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Ok guys this is my take on the TM MP5K. I used it tonight at Xsite and used it all night as the games tonight were soley in the killhouse on single shot.

I took it onto the range first and fired off 2 mags of midcap at a target about 3yards away using full auto and single shot. Range and accuracy were spot on for a gun this size.

The gun is very light but also very sturdy. Rof fire was a little slow but this could be down to the batteries I tried.

Both batteries were branded. 1 a Sanyo the other a G&P both were 8.4V 600Mah batteries. So I would go for a 9.6V of 1100Mah if you can get them not sure as I havent looked at sourcing one yet due to me only just getting the gun.

Right , I now used it in anger in the kill house and found my first problem with it. Something I have only noticed on cheapsofts before, so maybe someone could tell me if this is common with other brands. Basically after 6 or 7 shots the semi would stop firing. You then have to flick to full auto for a quick burst to get the single shot back up. Now I know this problem is common with the AA SA80 and a few of the other cheapsofts but wasn't aware of it on TM equipment.

So all in all what do i think?

Well I liked it accurate, light and sturdy, but the slow rate of fire and the problem with the semi fire could be a problem. The problems could be wholly down to the batteries as they are secondhand. I am not sure what sort of life is in them or how old they are or how well they have been looked after. Definitely a gun you can fire with one hand. Hope this helps.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
            Right , I now used it in anger in the kill house and found my first problem with it. Something I have only noticed on cheapsofts before, so maybe someone could tell me if this is common with other brands. Basically after 6 or 7 shots the semi would stop firing. You then have to flick to full auto for a quick burst to get the single shot back up. Now I know this problem is common with the AA SA80 and a few of the other cheapsofts but wasn't aware of it on TM equipment.
            Hmm, interesting, I would never have expected that sort of problem from a TM. I always thought that the problem with the AA L85 single shot was due to the pre-engagement of the 18 tooth piston (mine is very picky, sometimes it will refuse to fire, other times you'll get a 2 or 3 round burst). But since the MP5K has a fairly standard gearbox this shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by bigdave196 View Post
              Hmm, interesting, I would never have expected that sort of problem from a TM. I always thought that the problem with the AA L85 single shot was due to the pre-engagement of the 18 tooth piston (mine is very picky, sometimes it will refuse to fire, other times you'll get a 2 or 3 round burst). But since the MP5K has a fairly standard gearbox this shouldn't be a problem
              Exactly!! You have exactly the same problems with the AA R85 that my wife has. One other small but annoying problem it has recently picked up is when you cycle a single shot for the first time you hear the motor engage but not fire but the second pull of the trigger does. You don't get 2 bb's though it is as if the piston didnt engage fully again not a biggy but it is there nevertheless. As for the MP5K, I also agree and that's why I am assuming the batteries are the problem
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I did get this a couple of times with mine, it didn't seem like a huge problem since full auto instantly got rid of the problem.
                However I saw a trend when it seemed that newbies seemed to be setting it off more (and usually shooting quickly with semi) so I'm thinking maybe the gearbox going over a half cycle.

I've never opened the gearbox when this happened so I can't say for sure what it is, but this seems likely. Not sure why the half cycle would prevent semi though, possibly something to do with the motor strength?

Comment

gearbox lock up happens if you shoot lot's/heavily purely in semi auto. it's a trait of gearboxes (the way the singleshot cutout lever functions against the sector gear) . Switching to full auto and firing usually clears it (in 99.9% of cases) it can happen in any std type gearbox.

Comment

Yes^^

But if it happens unusually frequently you may want to check your gearbox for some unwanted resistance, or check what rating your spring is.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ejtrent Find out more about ejtrent
                    Working...
                    X