X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's down to the final two...

thanks for everyones help so far.

I am now down to the final two CQB type weapons

The type of 'Urban' I play is a site called 'Urban Assault' this is an old RAF base so isnt always indoors and you do have the open roads / grass areas.

I will however play at sites such as the Mall and Embassy

The two final choices are:

1) G&G TopTech AEG T4-18 Light

2) G&G G&G AEG UMG

Pros of G&G TopTech AEG T4-18 Light
    • Looks good
    • Takes M4 magazines which means I can use my existing mags
    • Takes a crane stock battery which means I can use my existing battery
    • Lots of RIS for accessories

Cons of G&G TopTech AEG T4-18 Light
    • Price £324.95
    • Looks very much like an M4 (generic looking)

Pros of G&G G&G AEG UMG
    • Price £239.95 (£100 less than T4-18)
    • Looks
    • Not really seen that many around
    • Folding stock
    • Lots of RIS

Cons of G&G G&G AEG UMG
    • Will need different battery
    • Will need different mags (altho with a 530rd mag I doubt ill need more than 2!)

So - What do you guys think?

I like them both equally so I guess its more peoples opinions / if they have used them before

Is the T4-18 worth that extra £100?

Note: I already have a G&G CM16 Raider-L that will be used for woodland games

Thanks very much
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Re: It's down to the final two...

The umg is a good gun and vreliable with no creaks or wobbles can fit up to 11.1 lipo and is strong enough to take it . My techies one is nearly 5 yrs old and still going strong. Range is good for a gun with hardly any barrel in it . Better than my two g36s . Slide hop is brilliant . Only downside is the silencer is an extra 40 quid . Quick release though with an adaptor to use on other guns , and it really silences this gun a lot . For cqb this is one v capable gun. The top tech m4 range are v good with no major faults . Occasional sticky triggers can be solved by filing a small bit of mould if them so not a problem . Gearboxes are even stronger than cm range and all have good quality wiring and if you look about you can get 2 years warranty in all top tech guns . So worth the money ??? I would say yes

Comment

For Urban Assault I think the UMP will be very well suited, very light weight and compact with large magazines. Also looks different to all the M4's out there. The G&G toptech is a bit pricey could get a nice G&P for that e.g. Magpul sentry CQB.

Comment

If you are at the top end of your budget and can push it a bit more go for the realsword type 97b absolutely awesome gun . Ticks all the boxes an then some more about 360 quid ish new . And the quality is off the scale !!!

Comment

Only thing I'll point out about the UMP, the Mags are massive and awkwardly sized. Finding Mag pouches that fit them is a massive pain in the arse as they are too big for MP5 mag pouches etc, though i'm sure some fellow UMP owners can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Couldnt you upgrade the raider? Just a thought, but it isnt much longer than the 4-18. So you really should be fine with it all.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I assumed because the Combat Machine was their basic line it would be cheaper and more cost effect to buy a better quality rifle and have the CM16 for woodland/back up

Is that not the case?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PSD-Pete View Post
                Only thing I'll point out about the UMP, the Mags are massive and awkwardly sized. Finding Mag pouches that fit them is a massive pain in the arse as they are too big for MP5 mag pouches etc, though i'm sure some fellow UMP owners can point you in the right direction.
                P90 Pouches fit, there are a few brand new on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by PSD-Pete View Post
                  Accidentally clicked like for your post, I meant to click reply with quote (i failed miserably)

Pouches are not hard to find at all, a Google search for UMP or P90 mag pouches will find you page upon page of reaults.

Bulle,Flyye,Pantac and viper are just 4 companies that make suitable pouches

Comment

I found two T4-18 second hand from users on this forum,
                    Here are both links;
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...mp-Magpul-bits
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-toptech-T4-18
                    Both are around the price you'd pay for an UMG.
                    UMG's seem very good, I'm not sure if someone could clarify if zeroone have the new version 3 in stock or version 1?

Comment

heres an idea...

Could I not get the UMG and then with the £100 saving...use that to upgrade the Raider?

Is there benefit to upgrading a combat machine or is it wasted money that you should put towards a better version?

Comment

ok - cool, will have a look see!

Comment

Originally posted by Talbert View Post
                          heres an idea...

Could I not get the UMG and then with the £100 saving...use that to upgrade the Raider?

Is there benefit to upgrading a combat machine or is it wasted money that you should put towards a better version?
                          You have to consider the battery and maybe a charger so UMG is 239 pound on zeroone, Battery and charger are about 30 pound that leaves you with about 70 left.

Comment

Originally posted by Marizu View Post
                            I found two T4-18 second hand from users on this forum,
                            Here are both links;
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...mp-Magpul-bits
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-toptech-T4-18
                            Both are around the price you'd pay for an UMG.
                            UMG's seem very good, I'm not sure if someone could clarify if zeroone have the new version 3 in stock or version 1?
                            Shame that one is two tone and the other is custom paint job and not the 'shorty' version

Comment

Originally posted by Talbert View Post
                              Shame that one is two tone and the other is custom paint job and not the 'shorty' version
                              With the +100 pound you saved you could just buy a few cans of spray paint :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Talbert Find out more about Talbert
                              Working...
                              X