• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to hide my stuff?

+1 on the genius.

Comment

+1 for me to.
      my mrs came to one skirmish and hasnt since either and your right they do ignore you after a while and dont look or ask what your buying.
      "edit"
      mrs has just informed me she would come again. i'l have to fix one for her.
      Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

Originally posted by CGBully View Post
        mine are in a filing cabinet in the garage but i could put them anywhere she dont go
        cupboard under stairs with hoover and ironing
        kitchen cupboards

etc

now that is genius....

Comment

i used"i won it in a raffle"but you can only use that excuse once!!!:D
          old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

do what i do, get the wife into airsoft and get her addicted, now when i splash the cash she dont bat an eyelid! :D
            "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Comment

shorten the chain. she shouldnt be out the kitchen. :P jk. just sneak it in and put it among tools

Comment

glad my logic is appreciated, now for the final option

if all else fails

option 3

everybody suggests you store your gear at a mates, again a fools mission my mate Dave keeps his gear at mine as his missus does not like the guns around the kids, Matt leaves his stuff here as he is a muppet and is not to be trusted with a rif in general public mainly down to his house mate, i had to get for him as he is not ukara registered etc now if any of these people existed i would look like a soft touch but as the wife only plays once a year ignores all my airsoft mates and never pays attention due to option 1 and 2 i can easily fend her off on the rare occasion she gets miffed,

she does think i am far to soft and that we dont have enough room but so far its very half hearted, as i turn a blind eye to her shoes

now when our daughter is older and wants a bigger room i am screwed, but i figure i have 10 years to convert the attic into my own armoury and by then she will have totaly lost any fight on the matter or we will have bought a bigger house.
                make no attempt to hide stuff keep it all in plain sight just claim its not yours and plan ahead

Comment

Get a wife that would rather you had an airsoft gun then go down the pub every night

Comment

anywhere outside of the kitchen

nahh, ermm loft is your best bet!

Comment

(option 1

Go on about it constantly till she tunes out and stops listening and activly avoids the subject, it will get to a point were she wont ask if its new just in case it looks like she was not listening and even if she does ask she will accept you got it ages ago off a mate and assume she ignored you when you told her.)

I use this one it works treat my wife hates all of my stuff mainly the guns but i just talk about it until i can tell she has slipped into a coma!!
                      "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                      Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

have another hobby that takes up more space than your airsoft stuff - my airsoft stuff takes up little space and money when compared to the massives piles of boxes of paints, models, glue and display cabinets that fill my house
                        sigpic

Comment

i'm with ratty.

when i buy a gun, i buy the missus a bag or something.

i don't hide my guns when i first buy them. she knows i have more - but then i hide them later so they're not in the way. out of sight, out of mind.

tried to get her to come wargaming, but she's not interested. which is fine with me. i want a girlfriend, not an airsofting buddy..

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Mr Flea. As you know mate, I now have a couple of bang bang sticks, with maybe a couple more in the pipeline, as well as enough kit to outfit a squad to be honest. I built a MDF cupboard while on nights, got it home, waited till she went to work and fitted it in the garage. Now its locked, she has no idea how many sticks are in it, but they are out of the way of the kids. I also have a built in wardrobe in the spare room which is now quite full of kit, as well as my duffel bag. Now just got to work out how to get most of it on my motorbike for summer trips out!

to be honest she has given up on my hobbies as she is not bothered about the wargaming, or this now. She has sort of tuned me out when I start on abot it, and just piles the parcels up in the kitchen for me.

I reckon if you hollow out one of your mac server cases you should be able to hide a couple in there.

PS will show you storage solution when you come round next weekend, cost £12 all in
                            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

we can also think about it this way.

however many guns you're hiding or just avoiding talking about - she probably has twice as many shoes or bags that simply 'haven't come up in coversation.' i've heard 'i needed it,' or 'i've had that for ages' a few times already.

the missus stashes her hoards of expensive and - let's face it, unnecessary - purchases and large receipts just like we do fellas. it's all the same really.

.. except i suppose we can't use the excuse 'it's not hurting anybody' because generally my guns cause a significant amount of pain. well i hope they do.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

lol @ the topic sugestions

I must have a very chilledout out wife, then again she has had to put up with me and my crazy ideas for the past 10 years lol. In the past couple of years I have turned our spare room into "My" games room with a racing simulator and all of my computer / gaming stuff, it's become a 'no go' zone for her which is fantastic, then I converted half of our garage into a bar/club with a propper dance floor and lighting etc, now I'm on about getting rid of our fish pond and putting in a swimming pool lol.

My next step when I get properly into airsoft will be turning the loft into an armory - I am slowly building up my own empire step by step, soon she will have no where left to hide.
                                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 4 December, 2009, 12:24.
                                Weapons of Choice:
                                G&G SOC-16
                                Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
                                JG - AK47 tactical
                                VFC Scar - L
                                Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X