Best AEG/EBB G36C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best AEG/EBB G36C

I stand by the Ares/Umarex G36. I have the KV version. The blowback is non damaging to the piston (I know, I've fired over 10k rounds through it and opened it up. Not a crack on the back of the piston).

Only issue I have had with it was breaking the airnozzle and tappet plate, although I blame my incorrect putting together of the V3 GB after never opening one before!

The externals are awesome feeling and looking. Plus, the standard barrel and hop unit does me fine. Reaches out to a good 40m when properly adjusted with 0.25g BBs and 50-60m if arced. I use it's light weight and adaptable body to hunt snipers and take them out.

I have owned 3 types, JG (broke, immediately. Although it was probably a lemon) and also an SRC. The SRC was good and fired well but I had all sorts of feeding issues with some magazines and the external build quality was a bit pants. Before long the stock release button snapped making the stock useless.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input all, appreciate it!

So is the only difference between the Gen2 SRC and the Gen3 the gearbox upgrade?

Comment

i think you are going to miss out a lot if you dont buy the ares/umarex or TM second hand G36. I have an ares scar l(if that helps), and i have had only minor problems with it so far and all were my fault. Seriously i think you should go for the TM or Ares because of the blowback feature and its a slightly better company. No offence to anyone owning a src

Comment

Yes. The main difference is not an "Upgrade" as such, but a totally different gearbox.

There are around 8 different types of gearboxes, all designed for different reasons. However, Version number does not depict how good it is, they all have advantages and disadvantages.

V2.jpgV3.jpg
          Notice the difference in shape. The V3 usually has a longer cutoff lever, shorter piston and spring I believe...

The Ver3 is generally stronger and more capable with higher powers, where V2's would need to be reinforced or risk cracking it's shell. So if you plan to build an SL8/9 from your G36 then you want a V3 GB!

However, it is generally considered to be a good thing in the G36 series, especially with it's slim body. The Ares also uses a V3 system as standard- not sure if JG have made a clone yet!
          sigpic

Comment

I have a JG G36c and it has a V3 gearbox.
            The JG needs upgrading from stock, but with a new spring, barrel and hop-up, it's working a treat for me at the moment.

It's worth noting the JG V3 gearbox is a right pain in the a** to put back together, I can't do it without an extra set of hands.

Comment

Thanks all, I just want upmost reliability to be honest and have pretty much settled on an SRC!

Comment

Was not stating the version of the gearbox was stating the generation of it .!!! Src are now on their third generation of their gearbox for the g36 . Which has now been maxed out to make it solid as hell . Decent bearings , hardened gearset . Decent spring guide upgraded tappet plate etc . As for area internals ask any decent techie what they think of them and when they finish laughing at you and coating them off you will understand why they hate them. . Can't fault the externals in there guns at all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X