Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer range AEG choices?

Hi

I currently play with a G&G top tech MP5 which is great. However I am looking for something with a bit more range for woodland play that isn't a sniper rifle.

Any thoughts?

Re: Longer range AEG choices?

TM M14? Almost anything with a barrel M4 length?
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Deesn;t it need to be longer than m4 so more m14 or m16 like you say? I considered the ECHO 1 XCR, but thats more m4 like isn't it?

Comment

Accuracy and range peaks around about 400mm barrel length. From memory, M4s have a 363mm barrel so not too bad. Watched the video of that XCR, looks like a solid gun but it does have a shorter barrel, wouldn't be half bad as an all rounder though I'd bet!
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

OK so I've seen magpul masdas hitting good ranges, they have longer barrels then?

Comment

The hop is far more important than the barrel length. People say the TM M14 is the best out of the box, but it's the hop that makes it so good and not the longer barrel.

A well sorted pistol can throw rounds out to the 50-60m mark, but a cheap M14 clone might struggle to hit anywhere near that. Personally I can't stand them, but the TM P90 does have a very good range for it's size.

It's worth considering an M4-style gun with the full madbull hop/rubber/tightbore package fitted.
            sigpic

Comment

I highly recommend magpul masada,s have excellent range and other aeg rarely outrange them. As said the barrel length has no real significant affect it's the quality of the hop up which TM are the master of. TM m14 are meant to have amazing range out of the box which can be improved even more with a tightbore barrel and FPS upgrade. Go for a quality make if your going for range

Comment

I could be tempted by the magpul masada or the TM m14. Do you think the Echo 1 XCR falls in to that category too then?

Comment

The echo 1 won't be anywhere near the performance of the Masada and tm m14

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone :D

Comment

All depends on your budget and what you want out the box. Whilst the XCR won't be close as standard to the TM M14, almost any airsoft rifle can be tuned and made to fire further. Check out this thread (CLICKY HERE) for a guide on how to make a flat hop which will see your range increase drastically.

Also the R-Hop is worth a look if you want even more range.

If you aren't comfortable modding yourself any half decent retailer with a tech who has half a brain will be able to the above mods for you.
                      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Augs are awesome guns for range and accuracy out of the box and also p90 tm is good

Comment

the G&G gr16 has a fantastic range out of the box despite its cheapness

Comment

Will second the g&g mi6 range v good out if the box

Comment

TM Mk23 Socom

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NoHero Find out more about NoHero
                              Working...
                              X