Longer range AEG choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longer range AEG choices?

My TM M14 has a 6.03 tightbore and is firing around 340fps yet its range is the same as my totally stock G&P short M4, which i was disappointed with after reading all the praise they get on here.
    TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Originally posted by middo85 View Post
      My TM M14 has a 6.03 tightbore and is firing around 340fps yet its range is the same as my totally stock G&P short M4, which i was disappointed with after reading all the praise they get on here.
      Try cleaning the barrel mate or changing the hop rubber, should be easily out-ranging a G&P cqb stock let alone upgraded. Should get it serviced buddy. Did you buy it second hand or new?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
        Try cleaning the barrel mate or changing the hop rubber, should be easily out-ranging a G&P cqb stock let alone upgraded. Should get it serviced buddy. Did you buy it second hand or new?
        Second hand but i put the barrel and new hop rubber in myself. Im hoping its just taking a long time to bed in
        TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Second hand but i put the barrel and new hop rubber in myself. Im hoping its just taking a long time to bed in
          Thats quite surprising, as one of the guys on our team has a G&P M14 and it FAR outranges any other gun owned by our team. Not sure if your low range is a result of it being a bed in issue, though i'm sure someone with more experience can correct me on this. Do what I Love Airsoft says and clean it first, if after then, it might be that the seal with your new barrel and hop up isn't quite right....

Comment

I bought a brand new TM M14, spent about £500 buying the rifle and all the bits and I found out it was nothing special and sold it within a couple of weeks.
            Nothing like what people bang on about, my kart m14 has a much greater range than that thing ever did and this ones been bashed about jammed in mud and seen a couple of hundred thousand rounds without being cleaned or repaired, TM is not the be all and end all that people say they are

Comment

Gotta love the range on a TM socom pistol, so quiet too

Comment

Range on most TM's is good, I always liked the MC51 stock. The TM sopmod/socom/recce series have an amazing hop design, and I have noticed they outrange most things stock, plus you can do the R-hop mod on them and then I really see no stopping them...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I second that the range on tm recoils are amazing, they outrange many AEG with a good 60fps on them completely stock. I personally think they are the best AEG on the market apart from CTW/Systemas as I have not had chance to try them out yet.

Comment

I would say, unmodified the TM recoil would outrange the CTW (can't speak for the PTW)

However, once played with my CTW is beautiful, hopefully getting an MX3 soon to play with :P

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

The TM isn't hot out the box either, I love the look of the G&P DMR and the G&G one but both around 380 out the box. I hear spring changes on M14s aren't the easiest?

Comment

They arent, gearbox is stupid.

Get a TM recoil, or a CTW Team Alpha 2 if you have the cash, they'd be my choices.

Comment

CK I take it you have owned a tm recoil and CTW, which one do you prefer?

Comment

Is the recoil engine loud?

Comment

Both the recoil and the CTW have their advantages, I prefer my CTW, but I probably wouldn't hesitate to get another TM recoil.

The recoil engine isn't too loud, its a nicer sound than the horrible clack clack of a G&G.

CK

Comment

Barrel length makes almost no difference, as others have said the hop coupled with fps and a tightbore are what counts. So get whatever gun you like the look of and upgrade it a little, even your MP5 could be turned into just as an effective woodland gun as an M16 or simillar length gun.
                                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NoHero Find out more about NoHero
                                Working...
                                X