LiPo do's and dont's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LiPo do's and dont's

Also look in your local rc shop for chargers , batteries etc as we have been using lipo for a much longer time than Airsoft and most of the new tech stuff usually finds its way there before the Airsoft boys start using it ...

Comment

Alarms connect to the Balance Lead on the Battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
        Alarms connect to the Balance Lead on the Battery.
        No idea what a balance lead is but I will find out

Comment

Have a look at this you may find some of the answers you are looking for

Also THIS may be of use to you too

Any question just throw me a PM

Comment

Do: Regularly stab it with a kebab skewer.
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Do: dance to the god of LiPo's each day... or if you forget to this may happen

only kidding with the right care LiPo's can be far better then NiMh batteries but as all batteries do will degrade per usage cycle (normally 500 cycles per battery then you would need to buy a new one)

X-ray

Comment

DO:

buy a lipo charger and balancer not a cheap kind.

Don't.. worry
                yea thats right plug it in and off you go. the only thing you should worry about is common sense I.E don't cross red and black which is normal for any battery. and the 2nd don't fully drain it, leave a little juice left in there apart from that don't worry. i crossed the wires cut off bits stabbed it and throw it in a bucket of water nothing, the best i got was proberly a bit of smoke, there is nothing to worry about, if you get your self a lipo-moniter which are like £5 you won't need to worry about leaving juice in your battery as it will beep at you.

Comment

There are deffo far to many scare stories about LiPo's.

Do get a decent charger: ie Accucell or iMax. You don't have to trickle charge them like others.

Do make sure the battery isn't to small for your gun or it will over discharge and get hot.

Don't panic about using them, after all they do use the same type of batteries in radio control buggies and planes, so they do get chucked around loads. We don't read of explosions every time one crashes do we.....
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Why don't the Airsoft ones get the hard case versions we use in rc buggies ?? Penny pinching methinx . Only makes the lipo 2 mm thicker on the bigger battery's

Comment

Thanks all, feel pretty confident about using them, convinced one of my mates to go for LiPo as well as they really do seem the way forward.

Comment

Do you need a hard case one? Where do you keep yours?
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Stops them getting the outer wrap damaged or pierced in use . Have used them in rc buggies for ages

Comment

Mine are kept in a PEQ box attached to the side RIS

Comment

Please forgive me if i am either wrong or have missed this piece of information, but i have always thought and been told that you should always balance charge your Lipo's and make sure to monitor the charge level of each cell, as all the cells in s Lipo have to be equal, a fully charged lipo cell will have a voltage of 4.20, and you want all your cells to be at this rating when charged, give or take 0.02 voltage, any more than that on my batteries and i get rid, because the batteries can go boom (not to scare you).
                              A team mate got a new Lipo from a particular shop that sells components and when he went to charge the batteries there was difference between his cells of 0.5 of a voltage, sent it back to the shop where it subsequently exploded during their testing and sent him a nice new one.
                              Just remember to keep an eye of the voltage level of your individual cells, a good charger can tell this information, i use a Turnigy Accucel 6 for all my batteries.

Comment

wow,sometimes my lipos are all over the place voltage wise, i just balance them out,and they are fine, no explosions yet
                                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X