Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New AK

@redhawk.
    so what if its not as reliable/well made?
    its all down to personal choice.
    all AEG grearboxs go "crunch" at some point, sure the LCT will most likly last longer but will it put a grin like a predatory pumpkin on your face when you fire it?

an example of this, my own G&G RK47, its now a DMR locked to single shot,firing very very well and (crossed fingers) the gearbox isnt goint to eat itself anytime soon but for all the fun i have shooting people with it every other sunday its just not as fun to fire as a Marui recoil.
    in the end its all about what YOU want.
    if you dont want to replace parts as offen go for the cyma or LCT.
    if you want a smile on your face every time you pull the trigger, go marui recoil.

i hope this helped the OP with his choice and in the end the only thing that matters that the OP has fun shooting people with his new AK no matter what AK he decided on.

thats all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
      @redhawk.
      so what if its not as reliable/well made?
      its all down to personal choice.
      all AEG grearboxs go "crunch" at some point, sure the LCT will most likly last longer but will it put a grin like a predatory pumpkin on your face when you fire it?

an example of this, my own G&G RK47, its now a DMR locked to single shot,firing very very well and (crossed fingers) the gearbox isnt goint to eat itself anytime soon but for all the fun i have shooting people with it every other sunday its just not as fun to fire as a Marui recoil.
      in the end its all about what YOU want.
      if you dont want to replace parts as offen go for the cyma or LCT.
      if you want a smile on your face every time you pull the trigger, go marui recoil.

i hope this helped the OP with his choice and in the end the only thing that matters that the OP has fun shooting people with his new AK no matter what AK he decided on.

thats all folks.
      "So what if it's not as well made" If you say that, lets all buy Jing Peng AKs because, well who gives one if your gun breaks! Atleast it looks like an AK right?

The LCT puts a massive grin on my face because I know when I shoot it, it'll perform the same every time and outperforms the TM Recoil anyday. Last time I checked, the recoil did exactly the same as the LCT but has a blowback feature. Sure recoil is cool, and the TM beats the LCT on that front. But the LCT beats it on everything else.

Yes it is down to what you want, but you can't base your argument on why a TM AK-74M is better than an LCT because "it feels good". It's a shallow argument at the least. The LCT has a brilliant finish, great internals, easily upgraded, works well and feels like your holding the dogs bollocks.

For a smaller budget, I would recommend CYMA.

Comment

Thanks guys, some good points for me to think about. Right now, for the price, I think I'll be buying a Cyma.

Must have a look at a TM, I always thought that they were good AEG, and the new recoil models have full metal bodies don't they? I wouldn't want one if it had a plastic body.

Comment

Originally posted by amorris View Post
          Thanks guys, some good points for me to think about. Right now, for the price, I think I'll be buying a Cyma.

Must have a look at a TM, I always thought that they were good AEG, and the new recoil models have full metal bodies don't they? I wouldn't want one if it had a plastic body.
          They do but they're more hassle due to the recoil engine being placed in the upper receiver. This means you're limited to a small 8.4v 1500 mah battery in the foregrip (or a LiPo if you are that way inclined). LCT guns offer full stocks or upper receiver compartments in which you can put large batteries in. The metal doesn't have the best finish unlike LCT (which is blued) or RS (uses same as the T56).

Comment

Cools, thanks for the info. As long as it's not plastic fantastic I will look into it when I have the cash saved up.

What is the Cyma EBB like? Is that as good as the TM version?

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
              "So what if it's not as well made" If you say that, lets all buy Jing Peng AKs because, well who gives one if your gun breaks! Atleast it looks like an AK right?

Yes it is down to what you want, but you can't base your argument on why a TM AK-74M is better than an LCT because "it feels good". It's a shallow argument at the least. The LCT has a brilliant finish, great internals, easily upgraded, works well and feels like your holding the dogs bollocks.
              so? my G&G feels like the dogs balls too and works perfectly dispite using a rather knackered battery and i love that gun but would i trade it for a marui recoil? yes because recoil is FUN.
              of course its a shallow argument, airsoft is about shooting little white balls at people on your day off, the fact its fun is the only reason we do it, is it more fun with the feel of a bit of recoil as the gun fires? yes it is.

in the end it doesnt matter to me or to you.
              it matters to whatever people have seen this thread and are undicided as to what AK they will get, i hope i have explaned my side of this almost argument well enough.

now im off to get a bit more drunk and try to fix the damn wobble in the front wood of my G&G-RK47 (non blowback)

oh and the blowback on the cyma is much less then a marui recoil IIRC

Comment

Because blowback does not = recoil cyma is simply a rod linking piston and the ejection port thingy. TM use the above (ish) coupled with a recoil weight mech system that gives you the "recoil"

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

If its your first AEG, blowback might be more bother that its worth, drains battery and adds another moving part to wear out. A lot of people seem to end up disabling it. My Brother has had a Cyma AK74 for about 3 years now, never need fixed or repaired, it's still firing ace. He's bought and sold about 10 guns since then and always goes back to using his AK. A simple Cyma AK is the business.

Comment

Blowback is very overrated - concentrate on a decent performer.

VFCs are great.

Comment

+1 for the cheeky plug! :P

A good solid ak is all anyone needs...
                      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I convinced myself to get a Cyma AK104, bargain it twas, under £150 shipped. Externals were very solid. After it got made site friendly I found it to be lacking in range quite a bit. Stuck with my TM (soon to be LCT with TM internals) and got rid of it after one skirmish.

Having said that, I have fired a CYMA AK74 which was quite tasty, but close to being to hot as a result.

Comment

having just received my first lct I must say I'm pretty impressed. The externals are very nice. It feels really solid. everything just feels quality. the body, the gearbox, the wiring etc it all looks good! plus pink piston = yay!

range is impressive and the hop hasn't settled yet! accuracy should pick up once it has!

overall I get why people recommend them!
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amorris Find out more about amorris
                          Working...
                          X