Am i too OLD for this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am i too OLD for this game

ultimate wargames in limpsfield is a good friendly site and should be local to you as your from south london. and there a fella that goes there who must be in his 70's so u got plenty of life left in u for airsoft at the age of 31
    my sells rating http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ight=mikeymaul

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymaul View Post
      ultimate wargames in limpsfield is a good friendly site and should be local to you as your from south london. and there a fella that goes there who must be in his 70's so u got plenty of life left in u for airsoft at the age of 31
      exactly what i was about too say :D

Comment

well i am delighted with the response!
        Thank you for the great enthusiasm and warm welcome and i am certainly encouraged to participate, i think i will!

I will look into having a bash in jan, a cold skirmish, a little like bastogne maybe!
        could be fun.

Well my gear is as follows:

A full metal colt 1911 a1 aged (looks just like a period piece)
        A M110 desert sniper rig custom by me.
        M4 agm gas - hate its wobblyness and tempremental behavour will mod it to get it more reliable.
        hfc mac 11, cool but rubbish at the same time if you know what i mean.

simon
        sigpic
        www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
        www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

I have only recently started playing myself at GZ im 28. With all the kids around i felt a little outta place myslef but you soon realise your not the only one in your age group.
          "You know mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life however is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"

Comment

As mentioned by Rockrobin, i'm one of the 'Class of 68', been skirmishing for a few years, and as the years go by i improve. Been great for my general fitness levels, i can now keep up with the youngsters who i skirmish with, and have a lot less sit outs at weekenders.
            Also, i am, by no means the oldest player i know, a friend who turns up in a Pinzgauer is nera to 60, and he's still going strong.
            Ratty
            Trader Feedback.
            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

i started at 32, your never too old to "play" soldiers, its not like mum would have let us have guns like these when we were kids is it?
              welcome and enjoy,
              all the best rich.
              'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

Mate i am 45 and love airsoft and usually go on my own but ground zero is a very friendly site and always have a fun day, just go and enjoy!

Comment

Have fun, I`m 46 and normally go to games on my tod. There`s always a group or team to tag along with, and age doesn`t really come into it as I`ve met teenagers who were quite sensible and people my age who were quite silly about it all, and vice versa. Some people forget it`s just a game, the fact is we`re grown men (and women) playing with toy guns.

Comment

Hey mate, depending were you are but if your near Croyden, i would recomend TWA, its only 10min drive at 0845, from Lambeth

Comment

Originally posted by richy b View Post
                      i started at 32, your never too old to "play" soldiers, its not like mum would have let us have guns like these when we were kids is it?
                      welcome and enjoy,
                      all the best rich.
                      :D exactly hahaha, my girlfriend said why to all the guns i said just that.
                      sigpic

Comment

im 14 and i play its not allways the the youngsters who are annoying and act stupid :P i allso marshall and more often than not its the adults! and down to your question i bring my dad down quite often hes 42 and he loves it being ex army nd all :D and i dont see airsoft leaving my life for a long while

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
                          im 14 and i play its not allways the the youngsters who are annoying and act stupid :P i allso marshall and more often than not its the adults! and down to your question i bring my dad down quite often hes 42 and he loves it being ex army nd all :D and i dont see airsoft leaving my life for a long while

I have to say i wasnt singling out any particular age, i am aware (through paintballing) that regardless of age there are tw*** every where, hey i work in the film industry and they are everywhere

But i am certainly encouraged by your comments mate.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm 43 and play every other Weekend at GZW, and two of our team members are in their fifties - so your not too old to play! As for being on your own, just chat to other players about their kit - one thing airsofters love is when someone takes an interest in their armoury or kit

Welcome to the world of airsoft and have fun

Comment

Originally posted by srosefx View Post
                              hey i work in the film industry and they are everywhere
                              Welcome to the rest of your days on the forum with people asking for action movie roles.
                              Oh, and should you need a slightly chunky 41 year old to play, say, a grizzled RSM in a film, you know where i am...........
                              Trader Feedback.
                              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

You have nothing to worry about at 31. I'm 45 and I don't think that I have ever been the oldest player on site in the 2 years I've been playing Airsoft. Majority are younger, a good few arround the same. But I think you may be supprised just how many older people still enjoy playing soldiers. Only these days we can shoot things at oposing teams instead of spud guns and cap guns against your mates all those years ago....lol

I am easily the oldest member of the team I play in, but the guys are a good bunch and put up with me....It gives you something to do with your money instead of leaving it in one of those bank thingamies....
                                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

srosefx Find out more about srosefx
                                Working...
                                X