The silent gunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The silent gunner

Now I have a TM sniper that is ace, but my pistol is a little slow and not accurate, so I want a sub machine gun that uber quiet (to match my quiet sniper)

I've heard that the p90 is real quiet, what would I have to do to make it uber quiet.
    Is there any other gun that's as uber quiet as the p90

Thanks

Just tappin away
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

I have a TM p90 and i cant say its super quiet, its muffled with the working parts being so close to your body. I made it quieter with some padding inside and fitting helical gearsets seem to dull the noise a bit.

Comment

Re: The silent gunner

i know somoene who uses a TM p90 it's got a suppressor which makes a bit of a difference it's also a very 'thud thud thud' noise I was surprised at how quiet it was.

my p90 is CA and loud as hell! I don't mind too much because it's 25rps so you get noticed either way lol.

don't get a mac11 gbbr they are really loud.
      likewise m4 gbbrs are loud.

though, you should ask yourself, if you're using an smg surely they are close enough to see you, in which case you should worry more about range/accuracy/rof than the noise level?

welp that's my thoughts on the matter

edit:

i was playing last saturday and a guy behind me had a seriously quiet AUG ... It was impressively quiet. it didn't even have a suppressor! So look into aug's as well. because you can pack foam around them, but make sure you don't set fire to the foam ... that wouldn't be cool
      Last edited by bobfish; 29 August, 2012, 10:54. Reason: forgot aug

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Take the TM P90, open it up and find some of that sponge material that lines gun cases etc, the softer stuff. Line the gap between the gearbox and the inside of the body with said foam and it will go a good way to reduce the noise when against your sholuder, then slip a foam filled suppressor on it for the best results.

Failing that take a TM SOCOM, with a suppressor on it becomes truly a silent pistol.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I have a TM AUG high cycle and its as quiet as a VSR
          If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

The reason I want uber quiet is that if I get that guy that can see me, the other guys that can't see me won't be able to hear me and therefore I won't give my position away

Just tappin away

Comment

My mates got a TM MP7 and that is very quiet, suppressors can be fitted to it but I'm not sure wether it makes much of a difference or not. It also has great range for a little smg.

If your after a decent, quiet secondary that has some bite too, I'd go with that

Comment

What type of sling would I need?
                Something that can keep it on my back but can let me bring it round without any problems

Just tappin away

Comment

I'll second FireKnife on the TM SOCOM. My team mate bought one at the weekender and spent the whole time sneaking around picking people off silently!
                  Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShocked View Post
                    I'll second FireKnife on the TM SOCOM. My team mate bought one at the weekender and spent the whole time sneaking around picking people off silently!
                    Sorry but which socom are you refering to, the pistol?

Just tappin away

Comment

Yeah sorry the pistol. Great bit of kit!
                      Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

The TM Mk.23 SOCOM pistol in NBB form.

Failing that a Maruzen Fixed Slide P99.

'FireKnife'
                        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry but I'd rather a aeg (even though they're louder than the socom)

Just tappin away

Comment

TM MAC 10. You can hardly hear them. Plus the 480 round mags are useful.

Comment

That is true, the MAC-10 is near silent and has reasonable size lo-caps.

'FireKnife'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gezer love airsoft and getting to know everything about it as a sport and the great friends that we meet. Find out more about gezer
                              Working...
                              X