Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vtg vs bfgx

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    This is true, although I don't know why, they are the same thing just relabelled and tarted up externally.
    insurance unfortunately. although they are covered by all uk insurance companies, you sign a waiver when buying it, meaning you obviously cant sue who make them if you miss use it and hurt yourself/somebody (something they mention in there T&C is "dont be a d**k with our product, which is fair imo).

This has meant that although they are safe to use form an insurance point of view, i think that if anyone did get hurt because of the product, they may be left in a situation where they cant seek compensation.
    I believe this is why they are not currently allowed at certain sites.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this may all be completely wrong, just what i have pieced together from talking to people close to both sites/companies, it also seems a bit odd to me if this is indeed the case as im sure you sign a waiver to play at most sights anyway...so surely you would be in the same boat regardless? im not a lawyer so ill leave it at that
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Its all bull. Jamie fell out with swat. End of. The VTG is fully insured for airsoft use. Hence why lee fields (mall, thunder ranch, the manor & battle lakes) is working to allow the use of them.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Its all bull. Jamie fell out with swat. End of. The VTG is fully insured for airsoft use. Hence why lee fields (mall, thunder ranch, the manor & battle lakes) is working to allow the use of them.
        Yeah, I mean how can the VTG not be insured, its the same thing made the same way using the same materials from the same blueprints.
        So yet again, politics in airsoft ruins it for many. Pathetic.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

As various have already mentioned, VTG's are a great bit of kit, hugely versatile and reliable.
          The impact version is also well constructed, but just doesn't have the reliability of the VTG... Its not nice getting killed by your own grenade after getting it chucked back at you by the other side after it doesn't go off! As everybody has said, make sure your site allows whichever you buy... my usual site won't allow either, coming up with all sorts of B/S excuses about it being SWAT's fault, not providing a data sheets etc.

Turns out (according to Mr. Lovegrove) that its all down to a stupid fall-out... Very grown up... Nice to see certain sites putting the customer first!

Comment

Will they allow the old style BFGs per chance?
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yup...

Comment

It's ridiculous....the whole politics thing! As has been said above, they are essentially the same product, they do the same job using the same ammunition and a Similar (not identical) firing system. But due to the falling out, one is not allowed at a chain of sites. Interestingly, the insurance company that insure the chain of sites thats banned them (can we say their name or not?) HAS approved them. They were sent all the necessary information by the production company, and accepted them all. But the chain owner doesn't want to accept them, and thus he has said they are not allowed. The 'it's an insurance excuse' is total BS, its a cop out on their behalf to avoid saying "we just don't like the people who make them'. Where this will go from here I don't know, but if they keep this Dynatec only rule in place, steadily as the Dynatecs die out and are replaced with the newer models, there aren't going to be any working BFGs left at their chain of sites.

I personally love the impacts, they do go off 99% of the time if they are thrown and land in the way they were designed to, but I appreciate this is not always possible and can be frustrating when they don't go off. But given how complex these things are to make, credit where credit is due, they are superb bits of kit. Knowing how and where to throw them is key for attaining best results.
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Annoyingly, Dynatechs last forever, so it looks like this pathetic ban will last a while... I don't suppose its really in the site's interests to do anything anyhow given that BFG users make them no money!

Makes me wonder where this goes next? The site owner doesn't like some guy who works for G&G, so they're banned?!

Comment

Well it's not unknown for BFG's to go missing at certain sites, with the site owners taking the responsible standpoint of "well sometimes that just happens".

Not that I'm bitter or anything...
                    Originally posted by tackle
                    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X