Glock AEP or gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock AEP or gas

hi iv been offered a CYMA glock AEP with 2x mid cap's and 2x high cap mags for £40 not sure weather to or not, iv been looking for a decent back up to my M4 for ages what do u think, or should i go for GAS
    thanks
    brown
    sigpic

Re: Glock AEP or gas

Depends on what you want really , aep being cheaper than gas , but i find tha gas pistols are more fun. Then aep will work all year round not having to think about gas getting cold and not proforming aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by George Sparrow View Post
      Depends on what you want really , aep being cheaper than gas , but i find tha gas pistols are more fun. Then aep will work all year round not having to think about gas getting cold and not proforming aswell.
      In retrospect to that, Gas pistols have more power, and are more realistic than AEP's imo.

It is Swings and Roundabouts, AEP's are less hassle, but less fun.
      Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftes View Post
        In retrospect to that, Gas pistols have more power, and are more realistic than AEP's imo.

It is Swings and Roundabouts, AEP's are less hassle, but less fun.

The kick you get from firing a gas pistol is a lot better than an aep pistol they dont give you any realistic feel when fired

Comment

im looking as a backup maby to use in a building or two that might be a little cqb
          sigpic

Comment

Gas blowback is very nice to use. I've been down the AEP and Gas routes in my time.

AEP is pratical and bit naff to fire, GBB is great to fire, but can be impractical!

Depends how much money you have to throw at it really. The bundle you say there is good value. With GBB it's going to be more for the gun, more for mags, plus gas in general!

Comment

If your going to use it indoors. I guess it will be warmer inside thus GBB's would work better than outside and it's more fun but more expensive.

Comment

the aeps are little workhorses, they are like little mini aegs, if you use pistols a lot, and for winter the aeps are no brianers, you can actually run around all day with them, just reloading not having to go back to the car for gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAeMMLckSeI

but i must admit ill probably be getting a gas for the summer as they are more fun. but they arnt anything more than a fun backup.

The problem is both have big benifits and big downsides, you only win buy owning both.

and 40 quid for an aep is a bit of a bragain, to at least try it.
                Last edited by richardy; 2 January, 2010, 20:00.

Comment

aep suck!! i have a cyma glock 18 with rail and high cap and normal mags laying in my bits box

i bought it as my first ever side arm, and wish i never had as i found it an utter waste of money though i did manage a few kills its just got no power behind it.

i would happily empty 100rd high cap point blank into myself and dont think i would notice.

However i also own 2 Glock 17 gbb that worked. They worked one day and now dont gas is way more up keep and i dont have the time for them either.

i have a NBB ruger pistol that has at least worked reliably. very cheap very light and very effective.

Comment

aep's are terrible!!!! i have the gas version and its real deal

Comment

Gas all the way dude, they just make you smile its a proven scientific fact.

Curtis

Comment

"AEP's are less hassle, but less fun."
                        "AEP is pratical and bit naff to fire"
                        "aep suck!!"
                        "aep's are terrible!!!!"
                        its not a good day to be an aep :D

Comment

AEP isn't all that bad!

ok realism sucks!!!
                          but, i wanna point out that the Glock 18C AEP has full auto function, so it's useful when ur scared and have a nice hi-cap mag! :D

idk if the gas has the same, and if it does, the seals on it wont last long in full auto!

oh, btw, Pm me if you have some mags for that particular glock anyone, i only have one atm...

im going to duel weild with both gas and AEP
                          sigpic

Comment

lol people use Aegs all the time, yet when they are asked to convert to gas blow back rifles, they dont have nearly the same reliability and accuracy they say, yet when they are given an aep with all the reliaability and accuracy in the world, they want a gas blowback pistol.

Contradiction much!

Truth is if you dont spend a lot of time with your pistol eg: basic backup / showpiece then go for gas

The aep is all year all round effective backup/main gun.

Those people complaining about power just upgrade the power.

i love my aep i couldnt be without it, id have too spend hundreads on a gas blow back to get it shooting as good as what this does standard, and what about winter ?

aeps have there place in this world

Comment

The main problem with an AEP is the power. I got some good range from the Cyma 18c, but the power was so low to the point nobody knew I'd shot them unless I was right up close!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brown Find out more about brown
                              Working...
                              X