Lazers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lazers?

ive only encountered a handful of times where we've told people not to use them, 3 of those being for green and 2 for dazzling, oddly enough one of those being at the mall, seems to be a bit of a common thing down there, i suppose nobber rules apply, and that includes people who whinge at the drop of a hat, or call 3 shots to center mass overkill, believe me ive seen it all, but lets keep on track
    last time i used one was about 3 years ago in a dense pine forest, it was under 5mw yet the beam was faintly visible in the damp air, i managed to halt the opfor by lancing them with the beam some 200 feet out on the legs and feet, they really had to use cover for movement to get me from my position even though i was well out of my own aegs range

@coz, sorry about that, wasnt me btw though, a bit odd as its fudging dark in some parts and he should have been able to roll with it... though seen a 1200 lumen klarus or such thing that was painful in daylight
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
    airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Lasers are very useful!
      Green ones are out and illegal to own a lot of the time due to the power and 'missile lock' false detection on planes.

Very good for marking spots and signalling to your teammates. Also GREAT for keeping someones head down whilst a team mate flanks them.
      Don't get an expensive one as dude to the range of arisoft guns, 70m is fine

Comment

Originally posted by bongooldchap View Post
        i managed to halt the opfor by lancing them with the beam some 200 feet out on the legs and feet, they really had to use cover for movement to get me from my position even though i was well out of my own aegs range

@coz, sorry about that, wasnt me btw though, a bit odd as its fudging dark in some parts and he should have been able to roll with it... though seen a 1200 lumen klarus or such thing that was painful in daylight
        I think lasers are more of a psychological thing in airsoft, like support weapons and dirty big scopes on a sniper rifle and grenade launchers

As you said you held off people well out of range as the laser gave the impression that they could have been hit,I think scopes on rifles do the same, they think it has more range,As soon as people see you have a support gun they panic as for some strange reason they think it hurts more when hit by one,the noise helps too, I loved shooting at corigated tin and old oil drums,

No need for an apology bud, I think the bloke must have just been a misery arse, i tried to have a joke with him a few times throughout the day and he just walked away, I feel sorry for rude people

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
          I think scopes on rifles do the same, they think it has more range,As soon as people see you have a support gun they panic as for some strange reason they think it hurts more when hit by one,the noise helps too, I loved shooting at corigated tin and old oil drums,
          Yup, not only does my SVD make the other team go "OMFG UNFAIR" when there's 3 of us using RS SVDs, but I enjoy shooting at people behind trees. The BB makes a spectacular sounds on the trees at Bolton. It usually results in them hiding or running away.

Comment

the fear factor is a good one, there was a fella at red1skirmish who used a green laser, and with the smoke in the building it was very impressive to look at,and it slowed us down to engage it,but it did show us his position.....the same thing happens with tracer rounds especially when they burst,it looks really good in a dark room, and if someones round the corner they are less likely to come charging round it if there these tracer rounds bouncing off the walls and exploding
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

...if i stare at the sun it will damage my eyes.. will sites ban that next..

Comment

Last night game at the mall I got a nice red laser in the eye, heard a guy with him shout at him for tagging me.
                Was a good enough apology for me, and we continued out little firefight no marshalls involved.

Gotta admit they look flipping sweet in the dark, as to tracer rounds.

The supression effect they have is interesting also.
                People are terrified of rounding a corner where a little red beam has been poking around!

Comment

The marshalls always do a brilliant job at the mall Yeah people do seem terrified when they see that laser, it's even better when there's smoke in the air from bangs the effect it has on people then in is brilliant! The terminator from the terminator game needs something with lasers on for added intimidation!

Comment

Some sites will allow them and some won't mainly the latter, a good quality one can add that bit more fun to a CQB game but there is still the underlying risk of eye damage unfortunately

X-ray

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg2727 View Post
                      The supression effect they have is interesting also.
                      People are terrified of rounding a corner where a little red beam has been poking around!
                      I have a cunning plan.... 30 Pound shop laser pointers,some string and some Duct tap.

Tie the lasers to the string and duct tape them to anything that's facing the corners and let them gently swing, the enemy think we are around said corner and wont risk sticking their heads out, then we flank em..... Daka Daka Daka and were all back in time for smoked kippers and frosted shreddies

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GreyWolfAirSoft Find out more about GreyWolfAirSoft
                      Working...
                      X