Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE glock 17 gen 4 or KWA glock 17

Some haters will just be haters...

For me I bought both the WE 18c gen3 and the WE 18c gen4. Kept the gen3 in the end as it was a better fit for my 'clone' accessories. I my opinion I thought the new WE Glocks were great value for money; hard kick, cheap price, sweet accuracy and TM compatible.

Don't get me wrong I love my TM XDM (even if it's plastic!) but it was twice as expensive and I worry about ever bash or scratch on the pistol or the mags... With my WE Glock, I just enjoy it!

Comment

Never used a WE glock, but my KSC one got fully stood on in a concrete floored corridor - i dropped it as I threw a pyro and a guy came barrelling round the corner and stood on it.

Not even scratched :P

Also - ive seen several people say "My WE/TM glock is missing [X]" - and theyve never found a replacement. I have yet to see that happen for KSC/KWA owners.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The hops are crap on KWAs and the selector mechanism is very poorly designed and awkward. With WE you can pretty much slap every spare/accessory you can get for a TM without the inflated base price. Like I said I've owned both, the WE feels better made and is more tuneable.

The WE 1911s and M9s were where they got their poor reputation and deservedly so but they have turned a corner with this new range.

You watch me jinx it now though...
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
          The hops are crap on KWAs and the selector mechanism is very poorly designed and awkward.

The hop on KWA is the best around other than tm if that. This is the glock17 not the 18 he is asking about.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

S7 guns have got an updated 2 nub hop - all of them except the Glock series, but i reckon some machining could be done to fit the hop systems from say a USP to a glock.

Comment

I bought a new WE Gen 4 G19 recently. Its was my first Glock and my first WE pistol and i have to say the build quality is pretty good.

Has much better blowback (propane) than my TM Sig which it replaced. I have only put about 15 mags through it so far but it hasn't missed a beat yet. Not too sure on the range yet and how it will cope in winter conditions. I know my TM was fine but it was all plastic.

I didn't realise i could use TM parts on it, bonus. And as for using it with real steel parts, i have had no problem at all. Fits nicely into a real SERPA CQC holster and i just fitted a real crimson trace LG 417 laser grip. It fitted without any mods done to grip or pistol, unlike one of my TM sigs i had a Crimson trace on. So dimensions wise i would say it was pretty spot on to the real thing.

I would recommend a WE G19, and I'm now looking at getting another Glock, a 17 this time.

Comment

Simple way to look at it:

Do you want it as an indoor gun or a back up, never planning to hit further than 20-25m with it yet be reliable all year round, get a KWA.

Do you want it cheaper, with TMs vast selection of parts to switch in and out and the chance to spend more on it to get it equalling AEGs then get the WE.

They both have there advantages, but really the WE is cheaper, but the KWA is more reliable yet the hop in the KWA is terrible, even the new system they use that is a TM clone is awful as they have got it wrong.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Oops stired up a storm, lol
                  As dave stated earlier i now have a KSC 17 and very nice it is ( Many thanks to dave !! Top bloke!! ).
                  Many thanks to all who responded, a great help.

Regards
                  Jon
                  ICS M4
                  KSC Glock 17
                  Classic Army MP5 A5
                  sigpic

Comment

I own a KSC glock 17, KWA 18c &26c and I've used a WE glock a few times. I love my KSC glock but the build on it is abit "loose" straight out the box the slide rattled where as the WE was solid. My glock 17& 26 are upgraded with glow sights, tight bores, recoil springs, hammer springs, A+ hops and threaded barrels, felt grip, magwel opener. so KSC & KWA are upgraded able/customisable but maybe in the near future the WE will be. I've been looking at getting a WE glock for a while and after using one last weekend I think the solid feel is the main seller as my glocks are 2 years old now and the 17 is the only one still running and it's showing its age.

Comment

How do you find the A+ hop Alias? I couldnt get on with it, accuracy got worse.

And to all those crying about KSC glocks being piss poor on accuracy - I can hit an a4 sheet at 20m consistently... thats not bad really!

Comment

My first gun was a KSC G18C used it all last winter at the mall and epsom tunnels, And never missed a beat! Great for sneaky evening games at the Mall.

Put recoil springs in, and a threaded outer barrel for my tracer, Loved it soo much went and got a KSC G17 too!!
                        . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
                        TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

I've found slight range increase and a little FPS drop although the packaging says FPS will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                            Simple way to look at it:

Do you want it as an indoor gun or a back up, never planning to hit further than 20-25m with it yet be reliable all year round, get a KWA.

'FireKnife'
                            Its very strange , my 226 and my 1911 both would hit a a4 target 40m away with 0.28s but my glock I can get to go about 30m accurately. Still damn reliable though been filed with mud and sand and still kept firing , it's even been driven over!

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                              The hop on KWA is the best around other than tm if that. This is the glock17 not the 18 he is asking about.
                              The hop on my KWA swelled up and started causing BBs to jam in the barrel after a couple of months use. I will reiterate my original point, the standard KWA pistol hops are TERRIBLE and will always need replacing or upgrading after a short time. I have owned five KWA/KSC pistols, one brand new and four second hand, all of the second hand ones had knackered hop ups with the aforementioned symptoms. I am talking from experience and being fair to both brands (I wouldn't have bought five KWAs if I didn't like them.)

I can empathise with an earlier point made a well, the KWA Gen 3 lower receivers are poor quality as well, my top slide did like to rattle a lot whereas my WE Gen 4 does not. Out of all of my KWAs the Glock was the only one that did this, the CZ75 and USP were quite solid. Most importantly my WE has a good quality, TM based hop and suffers very little cool down on auto. If I have any reliability problems I shall be quick to report them.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I've had two run on propane and the hop rubbers are quite happy (theyve been run since easter) - in my experience all the aftermarket ones (a+, falcon, Ra-tech) are worse than the stock ones!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

griffin2 Find out more about griffin2
                                Working...
                                X