Cyma cm028 wont fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cyma cm028 wont fire

Not of this type. Leaving BBs in the mag means that the spring is still under compression, so it will lose power. But, you've said that it still feeds BBs, so it doesn't sound like that's the problem.

If you want to check it, fill the mag and wind it fully, then stick it in a plastic bag and slide the little tab that holds the BBs in so they can leave the mag. They should do this pretty quickly. Make sure it's in a bag, or you'll be picking them up for the next 6 months.

If the tab moves really easily, leaving the mag in may have weakened the spring that holds it closed, but that shouldn't be a problem unless it's so weak that BBs can fall out on their own.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks everyone I think its because the gun got too cold or I loaded the mag while it wasn't on safety, either way it works now. Maybe when I next buy some mags they will be mid caps as I have heard they are very good and don't need all the damn winding.

Pointblank

Comment

in a Hi Cap it shouldn't matter if you leave bb's in the mag as it is a mechanical mechanism and therefore there is no spring involved

Comment

Originally posted by Stargazer View Post
          in a Hi Cap it shouldn't matter if you leave bb's in the mag as it is a mechanical mechanism and therefore there is no spring involved
          that is very true

with my old thompson i had the same problem with hicaps, they needed taking out, smashing them on my lid then putting them back in. guessing it was something to do with the mech inside it.

but now i have moved on from the hicap and gone for midcaps, best £35 i have ever spent and have never had any feeding problems.:D

Comment

Originally posted by Stargazer View Post
            there is a big ass coil spring in the winding gear.
            so leaving bbs in is ok aslong as its not wound on
            that weakens the coil spring and limits the number of shots you can shoot on one wind
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

That's what I was getting at, but I should have been more specific and mentioned wound mags, not just full mags.
              sigpic

Comment

sorry if i sounded like a p**ck re-reading this is different to the tone i wanted
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

No mate, you were spot on. I wasn't accurate enough with what I said, and someone else decided that magic lifts the BBs out of the mag and into the gun!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                    someone else decided that magic lifts the BBs out of the mag and into the gun!
                    Sorry was that aimed at me? Cos all I was saying was with Hi-Caps then you dont need to worry about leaving the bb's in the mag as long as it isnt wound, whereas obviously in Mid/Low Caps it's an issue

Stargazer

Comment

Yes it was mate, but my sarcasm level obviously went a little too high.

No offence intended.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                      Working...
                      X