Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles

Now this might sound really daft, and i appologise if it does, but
    Will safety goggles be alright for airsofting?
    by safety goggles i mean ones that people use on building sites.

I'd assume so, but wanted to certain incase i get shot in the eye.

Cheers, Chev.

Re: Goggles

they should be test them first a few close range bursts with an AEG should see if there worthy :D
    Custom M4
    TM 1911

Comment

Also find, the standard safety goggles that building sites use like:

Do not fit closely to your face, they have quite large gaps - look at getting some Bollé safety glasses, they are close fitting - designed to the curvature of your face. They reasonably priced as well; Z1 stock them.

Comment

Originally posted by ry4n View Post
        Also find, the standard safety goggles that building sites use like:

Do not fit closely to your face, they have quite large gaps - look at getting some Bollé safety glasses, they are close fitting - designed to the curvature of your face. They reasonably priced as well; Z1 stock them.
        arent the goggles in the picture the really cheap crap ones you tend to sometimes get with cheapsoft guns

Comment

They are over goggles. this means they are designed to be worn over glasses.
          "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
          Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
            arent the goggles in the picture the really cheap crap ones you tend to sometimes get with cheapsoft guns
            thats what i thought its like they want you to go blind :D
            Custom M4
            TM 1911

Comment

Its hard to say, yeah some probably are safe for airsoft, then again, alot probably aren't, especially if its an old pair cause UV light etc can degrade it. Play it safe and get a decent pair of goggles or glasses. Bolle and ESS would be my first choice - but I prefer to use bitter end mesh.

Cheers.

Comment

These were the kind of ones i ment, btw.

I'd test them but i dont have an aeg, I'll be going to my first game in around a month will be renting a rifle, So i wont know if they work untill i've been shot

Chev,

Comment

If renting you'll get a full face mask anyway!

Comment

dont risk it go out and buy some airsoft is all about DIY and fixing things yourself, but when it comes to your eyes dont risk anything mate buy a mask or somthing similar from a popular auction site or Z1
                    Custom M4
                    TM 1911

Comment

I'm off to leeds airsoft commando, not zero in, and they're website doesnt say anything about a facemask included in the rental package.

I'll get some proper airsoft goggles or glasses off zeroone or something, Dont like the idea of fullface really anyway.

Cheers, Chev.

Comment

I highly recomend bolle viper safety glasses, I use them all the time. How old are you by the way, if you dont mind my asking?
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

out of curiosity how old are you? as some sites recuire you to wear full face as there insurance wont cover you if you loose a tooth.
                          Custom M4
                          TM 1911

Comment

I'm 18, I always thought the facemask thing was a matter of preference not legality.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentChev View Post
                              These were the kind of ones i ment, btw.

I'd test them but i dont have an aeg, I'll be going to my first game in around a month will be renting a rifle, So i wont know if they work untill i've been shot

Chev,
                              those types of goggles have varying lense thickness .As long as the lens is 3mm+ polycarbonate they should be ok.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SilentChev Find out more about SilentChev
                              Working...
                              X