What aeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What aeg?

top brands you have G&P, TM, ICS, G&G, VFC, Classic Army,KWA and probably forgetting a few others. Then there is the China brand such as JG, DBOYS, CYMA, ACM/AGM

There is also rebranders that could be any of the above under a different name such as ASG, cybergun or umarex

Comment

If the said COLT M4 is from where I think it is, it has an orange colour scheme, the gun's not actually colt in any way and the site designer couldn't comprehend a word as long as 'category', let alone sort products in to them. I think it's something like a double eagle or HFC in actuality.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Get the MP5SD if that is what you want.

Go look at the Tokyo Marui / Classic Army / ICS / G&G models and find the one you like, if you can afford the Prolines in the case of CA and ICS then do so.

Don't worry about range, just make sure you use quality ammunition, set the hop right and then get closer. If you are not hitting people first thing is to get closer. Most short AEGs work best at 310-320 anyway.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

LEGENDS ALL OF YA!!! Thanks guys I really was set on the ics full metal one! I guess in a way it's hard if u don't know what to be looking for and the way money is these days any1 knowing no different (me :-) could easy buy a lemon I think. Does any1 have any views on buying a used 1 as apposed to brand new for their first?? I should really end this thread I've asked about another 20 questions Woops! :-)

Comment

Buying second hand you wont get warrenty like you would with a shop, it could go wrong within days of buying it. Could have been opened up and not put back together properly, etc. Your better off buying new from a retailer unless you want to save money and buy a second hand that is new.
            For Sale
            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
              Buying second hand you wont get warrenty like you would with a shop, it could go wrong within days of buying it. Could have been opened up and not put back together properly, etc. Your better off buying new from a retailer unless you want to save money and buy a second hand that is new.
              However on the other hand I like the fact that it may go wrong. Then it'll give me something to do in between games and upgrading it at the same time. However I don't think this is the case with the op as he may not have been in the game for long enough.
              CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Comment

If you don't mind a compromise between metal and plastic bodies, why not look at nylon fibre bodies as well?

They are quite durable, to say the least!!
                Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Which models have the nylon bodies? I'm really stumped at the previous mentioned aeg...I've looked on YouTube at the review of : GSG 522 IS (mp5sd6) looks wise not as pretty as it looks like a copy without having coloured fire selection. Can't see much else that is different apart from having the RIS. Also they say it fires @ 370 FPS approx. and I believe it's metal bodied and blowback????? Is all this too good to be true??? As I wouldn't want to have problems later with sourcing parts etc. has any1 had 1 before and can shed light or no of these AEG's? I've heard they are made by cyber gun????

Comment

Originally posted by Ducksta2012 View Post
                    Which models have the nylon bodies? I'm really stumped at the previous mentioned aeg...I've looked on YouTube at the review of : GSG 522 IS (mp5sd6) looks wise not as pretty as it looks like a copy without having coloured fire selection. Can't see much else that is different apart from having the RIS. Also they say it fires @ 370 FPS approx. and I believe it's metal bodied and blowback????? Is all this too good to be true??? As I wouldn't want to have problems later with sourcing parts etc. has any1 had 1 before and can shed light or no of these AEG's? I've heard they are made by cyber gun????
                    Sorry, can't help you with the specific gun, but Cybergun don't make guns, from what I've heard, they take other manufacturer's guns and stick some 'official' trades on it, then up the price a bit because of it.

Also, metal body and blowback aren't as good as they sound, blowback often just adds more parts to go wrong and, I understand, cause more wear on the gearbox (except for G&G's system which uses other ways to make the blowback.)
                    And metal bodies don't make a massive difference in terms of durability, the plastics used by most manufacturers is very good quality.
                    Also, in terms of realism, isn't the real MP5 made of a polymer, not metal?

Comment

CA MP5SD if you like your guns to be metal like me.
                      Hero to some, Villain to most.

Comment

iv just got the KA S&W M&P15 its a great gun and on offer on site atm its a bit hot out the box but cost me £200 best gun iv had

Comment

I have a couple of m4s knocking around you can buy, one ICS one Ares. Both full metal and perfectly reliable, if that's what you're after.

Comment

M4's in plastic are crap they break around the receiver pins if your clumsy and fall on them, they also often have crappy 2 piece hop units so if you upgrade you'll need a new hop unit too. It's not cost effective to upgrade with a good quality metal body and that's why second hand ones fetch stupid money, cheap ones fit very badly.If you're buying an M4 get a metal one to start with. You may be ok with a plastic or nylon bodys in other models, I don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ducksta2012 View Post
                              I believe ICS just happen to manufacture M4's with nylon fibre bodies, and if you're worried about durability, I know someone who actually bashed a piece of timber, and bruised the f**k out of it, and the reciever was perfectly intact.
                              Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ducksta2012 Devoted father and soldier!!! Find out more about Ducksta2012
                              Working...
                              X