This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a gun turns out its broken but paypal wont help

hey guys, i bought a gun from the forums 2 weeks ago.i received the gun and took it to a skirmish and the gun is not working it completely not as advertised. i spoke to the seller and he refuses to refund me and only offers to get the gun fixed. in my mind this isn't good enough. i paid for a fully working gun not a gun that needs repairing. i filled a paypal case and it got rejected god knows why. so i guess im absolutely F**ked now. anyone know what else i can do? it was a substantial amount of money to me £565.

not sure what to do and just really stressed about it.

any help appreciated

Re: bought a gun turns out its broken but paypal wont help

Wow, for that sort of money you would expect it to be fully functional. Has the seller said he knew about the problem?

Suppose if he is willing to get it fixed that's fine isn't it? It could have happened in transit?

What was the reason PayPal gave for rejecting the case?

Comment

PayPal probably refused because it was for a gun.
      What was the time period between receiving the gun and actually trying it?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

you are probably going to have to take the offer on repair costs unless the seller decides to be super-nice

got a link to the sales post?
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

its internal damage so hasnt happend in transit. the reason was paypal cannot cover replica fire arms. the guy has decided to stop talking me me so im pretty much stuck

Comment

It sounds like you are down the creek without much of a paddle.

If Paypal aren't going to help you haven't really got much come back on the seller, which is really unfair. Now there is no risk of being out of pocket by paypal the seller won't have much enthusiasm to help you. If this was a smaller sum of cash I would just say to take it on the chin, however in circumstances like this you may want to look into the small claim court, but I have no experience of this and would suggest you sought advice from someone more knowledgeable.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Caveira on here has a fair bit of experience on that matter.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

he is not answering my calls, texts or pms and has decided to go completely quiet. so i guess im forced to get the gun fixed myself and sell it on. if any of you know this guy personally please tell him to contact me. i will certainly never be purchasing off of here again knowing theres people like him on here
                Last edited by Fizzy; 12 March, 2013, 14:26. Reason: Username removed

Comment

Got a link to the sales thread? Be useful to know how exactly he advertised it.

What exactly is wrong with it?

Comment

Was it a CTW or sopmod you bought?

I know he was selling a sopmod back in Feb and a CTW a few weeks back. The CTW is still under warranty so his post said.
                    Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

Warranties do not transfer. It is for the the original owner only.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                        Warranties do not transfer. It is for the the original owner only.
                        They do mate... depending on the company.

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

For this sort of money you should really look into small claims court. The sale of goods act applies even to private and secondhand sales.
                          Upcoming Games:
                          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

From your post it sounds like you've left some time between receiving it and testing it? If that's the case I'd be a little weary as a seller (not really any reason not to test when it arrives), have I got that wrong?

Is it possible it was ok when posted and died when you tried it, entirely feasible with internals (most Airsoft guns aren't exactly made of the finest quality metal and parts...) personally I factor that in when making an offer on something (though most sellers don't seem to agree and expect near new pricing...). My gun quit on me the other week, no warning just stopped, turned out to be the little post that stops the trigger mech moving to far back just snapped off the gearbox casing, no warning at all....

I would have said an offer to make good was fair and should have been taken (personally I would fix myself tho), giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. If you want service and some come back if something doesn't work out the box, pays your money and buy new, second hand goods = buyer beware...

(I know nether party, just making comment on whats posted and only my opinion)

Regards,

Matt

Comment

I would put a request in the lost souls bit with his name as the heading asking if anyone knows him personally as you might be able to get his real name and find him on Facebook etc. Or better might be able to get a number or address for him. Others have bought form him before so maybe contact them and see if they have any contact details for him.

Put this on other forums too mate so that it becomes easier to get hold of him. Worth trying ever avenue.

Just on a side note do you still have the email saying he will fix it? I can be used as evidence if he does not get back in contact with you. But you will have to take that as a alternative as he has offered that. In a court of law they could see that as a offer from him maybe? I am no expert at all on law though.

Good luck buddy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                              Working...
                              X