Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1200 in my pocket...now what!?!

OK Peeps

Little bit of fun, but could also use some advice.

So, I've got a budget of £1200, I'm looking for a setup, complete, so mags included. Problem is, I have no idea what to get.

Here are my parameters:

1) Not looking for a special function rifle, so no Sniper rifles, Support guns etc. I want the flexibility of an assault rifle.

2) Has to be reliable out of the box, if I want to upgrade later, so be it, but on the other hand if I play this gun stock "forever" I don't want to feel out-gunned.

3) Looks are important, guns gotta look badass. I love my M4's and variant M4's, but also love me the SCAR. I don't trust the Magpul Masada, but, I love it's looks....so that gives you an idea of the type of gun that floats my boat.

4) I'm a gas gun freak, but love em like I do, even I have to admit, they're temperamental. I need a gun I can rely on no matter what. So, my guess is there's a battery in there somewhere

6) I hate Hi-caps, that said, I need a minimum of 6 Mid caps to run with this setup, so the cost of the mags needs to be factored into the budget.

Well, there it is. What do you think? Can you recommend me a rig? and why it's better than the rest?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: £1200 in my pocket...now what!?!

For a budget like that my personal opinion is get 2!

For example I'd get , a tm recoil and 6 mags, and a full ra tech we m4 and mags or g&p Woc and mags!

That way best of both world with both performance fun factor and plenty of options for upgreads!
    That's just my opinion hope this helps.

Comment

Have you heard of Systema...

Comment

Originally posted by BROWNING91 View Post
        Have you heard of Systema...
        He said Reliable
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

If you need people to suggest how to spend over a grand, I dare say a better idea would be to drop less than half of it on some basics otherwise you may encounter some pretty serious buyers remorse down the line!

Comment

I swear to god if anyone turns this into a Systema rant fest I am going to rage.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Urge to Systema rant....... rising.......

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
              you need people to suggest how to spend over a grand?
              Edited for my initial thoughts.

Comment

TM Recoil and loads of nice extras.

Comment

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
                  If you need people to suggest how to spend over a grand, I dare say a better idea would be to drop less than half of it on some basics otherwise you may encounter some pretty serious buyers remorse down the line!
                  I see what you mean but I'm not a new. I'm committed to investing these funds into my hobby, and any recommendations I run with will be tested out (hired/researched) before I press the button.....so fear not

Regarding Systema.....reliability aside, I still need magazines, so just outside the budget me thinks.....which goes to show

Comment

Marui Scar H!!
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                      Edited for my initial thoughts.
                      If you don't feel comfortable offering advice, please feel free to not do so.....

.....ah, forgot.....Dis iz de interwebs.

Comment

I'd give the Umarex 416 some serious consideration
                        "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                          If you don't feel comfortable offering advice, please feel free to not do so.....
                          Oh I could offer advice... but as this is the internet all the information is already out there. As for your OP and the initial question my answer would just be seen as common sense. Given your parameters I think 90% of the answers will involve either the words recoil, Tokyo marui, training weapon or G&P. Like I said, common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglespy View Post
                            I'd give the Umarex 416 some serious consideration
                            Been reading about the VFC/UMAREX 416's, and although the outer body finish and detail seem to be awesome, the internals are reportedly not so good.

Plus I hate the way they are advertised with "real steel markings", but actually the markings are inaccurate.....what's that about?

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                              Been reading about the VFC/UMAREX 416's, and although the outer body finish and detail seem to be awesome, the internals are reportedly not so good.

Plus I hate the way they are advertised with "real steel markings", but actually the markings are inaccurate.....what's that about?
                              Not in the know enough to explain the markings I'm afraid mate! I hear what you're saying about the internals and you'd expect something good for the money but a couple of people I've spoken to haven't had any issues.

Just my two pence though bud; it's kinda like an M4 but cool enough to be different.
                              "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

silasloki Find out more about silasloki
                              Working...
                              X