Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £1200 in my pocket...now what!?!

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
    Really? I mean, OK, fair enough statement with TM recoil, people seem to rate them.....clearly not the hoards of people off loading them in the sales section.....

And common sense to go for a training weapon? Which one? Can't afford a Systema, that's been established.....maybe you mean the CTW, because the reports on that rifle are really great....or maybe the "new" DTW? Which has yet to prove itself on the mass market?

But you're right, I'll try to exercise my common sense......thanks for your advice.
    Not all of those offloading recoil weapons are doing it because they don't like them. Some of them have got bored and are selling one to buy a new one MUST BE RECOIL!
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Once you get a TM recoil any other normal AEG just feels dead.

Comment

I'm another one on board with the TM recoil series. I've had the M4 CQB-R and it never missed a beat straight out of the box...followed by the new 416D which is absolutely stunning.

Build quality on both has been fantastic, problems have been non-existent and parts are easy to come across.

These suggestions for the CTWs and PTWs - fantastic AEGs when they're working but people I know that have them and other owners do indicate they require a bit more attention and looking after (and in some cases money thrown at them) than you're average AEG.

In your original statement you said about something you can rely on all the time - this being the case mate I'd be inclined to go TM.

*Just my opinion, not stirring here*
        TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

Well, thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like it's an academic exercise now, as my "new" boiler seems to have packed up and winter isn't letting go yet.

Still, was king for (literally) a day! If it's any consolation, you guys had me sold on the TM, so, I shall salvage what I can of my non existent dignity, and save up for one....at this rate, flying cars, reoccurrence of moon boots and a invite to dinner from Jennifer Aniston will happen before I get one

Comment

Don't lose hope, I'm very tight with cash and managed to buy a TM recoil on here for £200. Best airsoft purchase on here by far.

Comment

There must have been some sexual favours on offer for that price........

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                Don't lose hope, I'm very tight with cash and managed to buy a TM recoil on here for £200. Best airsoft purchase on here by far.
                Oo bargain...

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

It was the G36k, one of the less expensive ones (£420-50 new?) but with the Madbull TB it came with it's the best shooter I own. Got a battery with it but no mags, which of course added to the overall. Great with 10 KA mids and a Docter on the scope rail, all for under £300 total with some spare parts I'm now selling.

Last edited by Apurturesci; 20 March, 2013, 17:45.

Comment

Well, I guess I could just stick with my standard AEG, and shake it really quick, and hard, every time I pull the trigger.....then it's like a proper budget TM recoil

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                      Well, I guess I could just stick with my standard AEG, and shake it really quick, and hard, every time I pull the trigger.....then it's like a proper budget TM recoil
                      Cut the top of the gearbox off along the top, glue a big lead weight to the piston and there you go!

Comment

buy a train ticket, or fuel to your local decent retailer...of course there is only zero one in the UK as absolutely no one else sells bb guns...

anywho, walk in, have a chat with them, pick up the various shinies (obviously with permission) what feels good, what can they tell you about said BB gun and what offer can they give you for cash. I think if you walk in with a grand in hand..suddenly some doors may open that otherwise might be closed. do remember you should leave enough money left over to play.

Honestly, my no BS suggestion is buy a G&g mid range combat machine., or a decent g36..infact buy two with that kinda money. get hold of a bucket of mid caps and spend the rest playing at weird and wonderful places. then when you decide you wish to try something new, sell and move on up..but in the knowledge that you didn't blow a fortune on something that later turned out to be poop

seriosuly spend 500 quid, spend 500 quid on playing until your fingers bleed
                        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Nothing VFC, RA-Tech, Systema - They all suck balls and are overpriced piles of crap.

With that budget buy a WE G39, reliable, solid, exellent. Buy a spare set of internals + 6 mags

Comment

how about something different like a XCR?
                            Head shot aka open minded

Comment

Just get a TM recoil, (pref sopmod or either scar ) and 7 mids, and you've got the best, most reliable out of the box gun there is, then use the rest to lessen your student loan.

- - - Updated - - -

Just get a TM recoil, (pref sopmod or either scar ) and 7 mids, and you've got the best, most reliable out of the box gun there is, then use the rest to lessen your student loan.
                              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

TM recoil's are over-rated as heck, I see people saying "Once I used one I had to get it" and I think it's a load of pish pash that TM do to get more money out of you, get a GBBR if you want recoil.
                                IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

silasloki Find out more about silasloki
                                Working...
                                X