famas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: famas

jp is a copy of the tm famas it has a better gearbox trust me it is very good

Comment

Originally posted by mas12555 View Post
      jp is a copy of the tm famas it has a better gearbox trust me it is very good

...No, it really doesn't have a better gearbox.

The TM V1 gearbox is utterly rock solid, the only one that doesn't need a reshim/degunk on arrival.

Comment

What is the m16 mod mentioned above? Also I was told elsewhere if I was modding it I should change the spring to an m100 or something, yeah? no? maybe? :S
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYGOD View Post
          What is the m16 mod mentioned above? Also I was told elsewhere if I was modding it I should change the spring to an m100 or something, yeah? no? maybe? :S
          The M16 mod essentially transforms the TM FAMAS into the newer, real-world FAMAS G2, which can accept STANAG (M16, M4A1) magazines, so it would end up making your FAMAS look like this in the end:

Basically, it involves cutting out the rear end of the TM famas mag well and cutting a small rectangular hole at the back of the M16 style magazine so that it gets clamped by the FAMAS magazine catch.

Here's a guide on how to do the mod, though you may have feeding issues with the mags depending on how well or badly you've done the job.
          http://www.freewebs.com/unsckingcode...onversion.html

I also don't recommend messing with the spring at all. The FAMAS is one of the first AEGs that Marui made, and is designed to work only with the components it came with. The motor just isn't powerful enough to handle a stronger spring, so you could end up either burning out the motor, damaging the gears, or both.

Comment

I know a man who might be selling a Famas if your serious.
            Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
            Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
            Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

I am deadly serious, but I don't have much cash atm to be very honest (((
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PLAYGOD Find out more about PLAYGOD
              Working...
              X