Sniper rifle hop and bb weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper rifle hop and bb weights

Am i right in saying you can use a bit of biro tube as a nub?

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

yeah you can mate , but have to be carefull to cut it to the correct length so it fits properly in the grooves left from the twin arms

Comment

I would say that unless the fps of your gun is very close to 500 0.4's would be a complete waste of money. Due to the weight a 0.4 will travel slower than a 0.2, but as already mentioned gives a better impact. 0.3's will give a happy medium, faster than a 0.4 but with more impact than a 0.2. It is all about trial and error. Finding what suits you best.

Are you assuming your fps is 500 or have you chronoed it and found it to be 500. I say this because I was plinking with an electric one second delayed sniper the other day and it chronoed at 430...ish..0.4's were rubbish compared to 0.3's. I had a fully up graded Maruzen L96 springer and wouldn't use anything but Madbull 0.4's in it.

Yes you can make nubs out of biro tube, but the tube will be much harder than the usual silicon ones. So less forgiving and potentially harder to set up.

From a practicallity point of view, if you get the H nubs set up properly they MUST be better than round ones. As friction will be felt over more of the surface area therefor less reduction in velocity over a round nub that only touches the bb at the top.

Down side if there is any movement in the space for the nub for the H to move sideways, there will be more backspin applied to one side rather than the other therefor bb will go either left or right.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

it chronod at 540fps with .2s but ive just fitted the next spring down so should be very near 500

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

private parts Find out more about private parts
          Working...
          X