snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: snipers

like i said got a lot of different guns, but really to powerful for garden pinking,better leave it how it came.how does it stand if you use the black plastic stuff my mate covers expensive cars in, he covers white porche,s black etc then when they are fed up just takes it off to reveal original colour,just a thought u can tell im retired and plenty of time on my hands to play

Comment

They are bright colours to keep with the law.

Making it a "realistic imitation firearm" is the crime.

In a nutshell, that means if your average Joe thinks it is a gun without a close inspection, attempting to load it with live ammo or being told by an expert it is a toy, then the law has been broken.

Your legal choices are limited:
      Leave it which ever bright colour it is
      Paint it to another equally horrific bright colour (there is a list of acceptable colours)
      Get a defence against the VCRA - with a defence you can do what you like to it in terms of paint jobs (although some of those custom jobs are crimes )

Section 37 will tell you your legal defences, but in a nutshell, if you regularly play airsoft or are part of a re-enactors group or a member of living historical group such as the Military Vehicles Trust. There are others, but they are more unlikely.

If you wish to use it purely in your garden - keep it the colour it is. Daft as that may seem to you, the penalty is upto 7 years, a fine or both.

Comment

ill keep it how it is and enjoy it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
        Working...
        X